First Gaming PC (I already purchased a 3070 ti at msrp)

Budget (including currency): $1750 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Apex, Control, Hearts of Iron IV, and I want it to be pretty future proof

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I currently have a 144hz 1080p monitor but plan to upgrade to a 1440p monitor at some point down the line. I bought a 3070 TI FE from Best Buy so looking to get the rest of the parts! I put this pcpartpicker list together but if you think I could make changes no matter how big or small I would love to here your opinion. This is my first gaming PC as I am upgrading from my old gaming laptop with a i7-6700HQ and Nvidia 980M.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3zM9gt

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: EK EK-AIO Basic 240 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (Purchased For $599.99) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1714.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-02 16:17 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXyYsX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($397.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($192.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1095.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-02 16:44 EDT-0400

^^^ also add these Phanteks Fans for $35 - PCPP didn't have them for some reason.

6 Cores won't be very future proof at the rate things are going, and liquid cooling is a bit unnecessary with the airflow you're getting here, unless your room is natively very hot. 1TB of storage isn't really necessary for just gaming, and you can always stick a secondary 2TB hard drive in there for $50 down the road if you need to. If you can't live without the 4000D, keep in mind it costs a fair chunk more for 3 iCUE fans than the ones I chose. 850W is a bit much for a 3070 Ti, but for the sake of future-proofing, it's up to you if you still want to go with it (but I'd still recommend the equivalent Enermax unit over that NZXT one).

the pc guy

Build looks fine, you could probably get cheaper RAM and I'm not entirely sure you're going to need 32GB.

Not sure I'd get an NZXT PSU; check out the LTT PSU Tier List, and pick something from the best tier.

The list you gave and the one that's linked when you click on it are entirely different. Which one are you considering?

7 hours ago, Forleb said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXyYsX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($397.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($192.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1095.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-02 16:44 EDT-0400

^^^ also add these Phanteks Fans for $35 - PCPP didn't have them for some reason.

6 Cores won't be very future proof at the rate things are going, and liquid cooling is a bit unnecessary with the airflow you're getting here, unless your room is natively very hot. 1TB of storage isn't really necessary for just gaming, and you can always stick a secondary 2TB hard drive in there for $50 down the road if you need to. If you can't live without the 4000D, keep in mind it costs a fair chunk more for 3 iCUE fans than the ones I chose. 850W is a bit much for a 3070 Ti, but for the sake of future-proofing, it's up to you if you still want to go with it (but I'd still recommend the equivalent Enermax unit over that NZXT one).

6 cores will last quite a while. Longer than one would reasonably want to be bottlenecked by a DDR4 based system.

I don't agree with the storage suggestion at all. 500GB disappears pretty quickly when you're installing games, especially if he plays Warzone, which would take up almost half the drive. If you're spending that kind of money on a system, you probably don't want to put games on spinning rust.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Build looks fine, you could probably get cheaper RAM and I'm not entirely sure you're going to need 32GB.

Not sure I'd get an NZXT PSU; check out the LTT PSU Tier List, and pick something from the best tier.

The list you gave and the one that's linked when you click on it are entirely different. Which one are you considering?

6 cores will last quite a while. Longer than one would reasonably want to be bottlenecked by a DDR4 based system.

I don't agree with the storage suggestion at all. 500GB disappears pretty quickly when you're installing games, especially if he plays Warzone, which would take up almost half the drive. If you're spending that kind of money on a system, you probably don't want to put games on spinning rust.

I don't know what happened with the link. I plan to use the list that was posted in the comment. Is there a reason you would not go for the NZXT PSU? It is in the tier A on the LTT PSU list

Here is the list again:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6wvBCz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: EK EK-AIO Basic 240 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (Purchased For $599.99) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1714.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-03 01:44 EDT-0400

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dyqGQD

So I updatet the list to something I would opt for with the RTX 3070 TI

I also upgraded your CPU, spend a little less on RAM and Motherboard (but still quality parts) and upgraded your storage to PCIe Gen4 drive and a good SSD for Storage.

PSU and Case were already solid, but can go corsair 4000D Airflow (no inculded RGB fans tho).

2 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dyqGQD

So I updatet the list to something I would opt for with the RTX 3070 TI

I also upgraded your CPU, spend a little less on RAM and Motherboard (but still quality parts) and upgraded your storage to PCIe Gen4 drive and a good SSD for Storage.

PSU and Case were already solid, but can go corsair 4000D Airflow (no inculded RGB fans tho).

That is like 200 over my budget

2 hours ago, Dragonisles said:

That is like 200 over my budget

Sorry, I had the same price than your first build, but I can strip 200 bucks

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yypfwz

It now matches the price of your list. Just got a different drive (add a good SSD later) and stripped the RGB

9 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

Sorry, I had the same price than your first build, but I can strip 200 bucks

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yypfwz

It now matches the price of your list. Just got a different drive (add a good SSD later) and stripped the RGB

Is there a reason you switched from the EK 240 Basic AIO to the ARCTIC one? I think the EK one looks better

Yeah, the arctic one is a great performer, as tested by many reviewers.

I don't think the EK one is bad, but it's only 27mm thick. The Arctic one is 37mm thick (he a thicc rad), that means more cooling surface.

For a 5600X you wont need much, but for a 5800X, I personally would take the arctic.

If you like the EK one, take it. EK makes good products and I think it may perform good enough for the 5800X. 

7 minutes ago, KKLawrence said:

Yeah, the arctic one is a great performer, as tested by many reviewers.

I don't think the EK one is bad, but it's only 27mm thick. The Arctic one is 37mm thick (he a thicc rad), that means more cooling surface.

For a 5600X you wont need much, but for a 5800X, I personally would take the arctic.

If you like the EK one, take it. EK makes good products and I think it may perform good enough for the 5800X. 

I heard that for Ryzen you want 3600 cl16 but u put in cl18. Will that make a difference 

2 minutes ago, Dragonisles said:

I heard that for Ruben you want 3600 cl16 but u put in cl18. Will that make a difference 

Not really
3600 CL16 is the best RAM available, but that can be more expensive. For Ryzen, Transfer Rate is more important than Clockspeed in a direct comparison.

Through both, you can calculate a real time latency. Check out some numbers there, but basically: A 3200MHz kit with CL16 is as fast as a 3600MHz kit with CL18.

If you can find a kit with CL16 and 3600MHz, that will be the sweet spot, but even that will only bring you 0,5% more performance max. Measureable but not meaningful.

1 minute ago, KKLawrence said:

Not really
3600 CL16 is the best RAM available, but that can be more expensive. For Ryzen, Transfer Rate is more important than Clockspeed in a direct comparison.

Through both, you can calculate a real time latency. Check out some numbers there, but basically: A 3200MHz kit with CL16 is as fast as a 3600MHz kit with CL18.

If you can find a kit with CL16 and 3600MHz, that will be the sweet spot, but even that will only bring you 0,5% more performance max. Measureable but not meaningful.

What motherboard would you recommend as I want it to have WIFI?

No motherboard, but a add in Card.

If you have a Motherboard with Wifi, you'll have something that isn't as easy to upgrade. For example, a lot of boards only have Wifi 5(ac) included. But if you use an add in card, you can have Wifi 6(ax) and even upgrade to a faster standard in the future.

1 minute ago, KKLawrence said:

No motherboard, but a add in Card.

If you have a Motherboard with Wifi, you'll have something that isn't as easy to upgrade. For example, a lot of boards only have Wifi 5(ac) included. But if you use an add in card, you can have Wifi 6(ax) and even upgrade to a faster standard in the future.

So you would keep the b550 tuf board and get an add in card

7 minutes ago, Dragonisles said:

So you would keep the b550 tuf board and get an add in card

Yes, if the board has everything you need, just get a good add in card. I paid 30 bucks for mine.

Do you need one? Or if you only use wifi sparingly, get the cheapest alternative out there, a stick or something like that.

6 minutes ago, KKLawrence said:

Yes, if the board has everything you need, just get a good add in card. I paid 30 bucks for mine.

Do you need one? Or if you only use wifi sparingly, get the cheapest alternative out there, a stick or something like that.

I just want it as a backup. Going to mainly be using Ethernet but just have it incase my internet is bad and I need to use my phones hotspot