is it safe to clean case front mesh with water ?

asd2000

my case front mesh is really dusty and it seems there are stains that won't go with simple cleaning so is it safe to use water to clean it and let it dry or maybe this will cause damage to it and affects air flow ?

if you take it of, then clean and let dry. Sure.
As long as its dry when you mount it again you will be ok.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, asd2000 said:

my case front mesh is really dusty and it seems there are stains that won't go with simple cleaning so is it safe to use water to clean it and let it dry or maybe this will cause damage to it and affects air flow ?

Take the front panel off, rinse with water, let it dry, put back on.

If it's got RGB or electronics on the panel, be very careful with it. 

1 minute ago, asd2000 said:

As long as it's not on the front of the computer at the time of cleaning, it should be fine. 

Its just plastic and metal, of course. Little common sense is all you need so you don't put it back on the PC soaking wet.

4 minutes ago, asd2000 said:

Might possibly develop a rust problem if it’s steel.  Perforating a piece of metal can increase its surface area a lot.  If it’s not mild steel though you’re golden even if you scrub through the paint.  Zero chance of affecting airflow though no matter what it’s made of.  Saw a case someone had at a beach house that developed rust issues on its grill from salt air.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.