Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RX 560 Power Supply Compatibility

I'm planning to get a RX 560 since I got a decent deal. However, my power supply is kinda generic.

My current setup right now is 

Intel Pentium G4560
Msi h110m vd h pro
8gb ddr4 Geil rgb 2400
128gb ssd sk hynix
500gb hdd
Aero cool 500 watts psu

So I'm wondering my pc can handle the RX560. I can't buy a power supply for now and it will take me 2-3 months of saving since I'm still a student. I also don't have a gpu at the moment since I only play League but I want to play other games with my friends.

Yes, a 500W PSU should be more than enough for that setup, even after adding the RX 560. I'd consider getting a better PSU if you do any additional upgrades down the line, but for now the RX 560 isn't a very power-hungry GPU so you should be fine.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

Yes, a 500W PSU should be more than enough for that setup, even after adding the RX 560. I'd consider getting a better PSU if you do any additional upgrades down the line, but for now the RX 560 isn't a very power-hungry card at all so you should be fine.

Thank you! I will be replacing it after 3 months. I really want to get this GPU since the prices kept rising in my country. Can suggest some decent power supply?

4 minutes ago, prtndr said:

Thank you! I will be replacing it after 3 months. I really want to get this GPU since the prices kept rising in my country. Can suggest some decent power supply?

Corsair's CX-M (gray label, not green label) PSUs will always get my recommendation for a mid-range PC build. It really depends on what pricing for different units are like in your country though.

Realistically, anything in the B-tier of LTT's PSU tier list should do the trick

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

RX560 is not a high powered gpu, some might work without the need of extra PCIe power.

I highly suggest getting the non powered one, as pcie power for that GPU is not needed.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

53 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

RX560 is not a high powered gpu, some might work without the need of extra PCIe power.

I highly suggest getting the non powered one, as pcie power for that GPU is not needed.

I will be using the HIS 14CU RX560. It doesn't need the 6 pin connector 🙂