Operating system in External Enclosed M.2 NVME

Hey, so I am thinking to move my operating system installed NVME M.2 drive in an external enclosure instead of motherboard M.2 slot. The main reason is so that my windows can't inject code to other operating systems and mess them up. Do you think it is practical or any better suggestion to achieve the main goal?

Euhm what?

The moment it connects to the system it will see the other drives that are plugged in and if you are doing risky things on windows those will probably get spread to.

If this is just to do multi boot then just do it properly and no need for this weird setup.

55 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Euhm what?

The moment it connects to the system it will see the other drives that are plugged in and if you are doing risky things on windows those will probably get spread to.

If this is just to do multi boot then just do it properly and no need for this weird setup.

The point is that I will unplug the drives of other operating systems before I boot into windows and vice versa. It is possible using SATA SSD but read and write speeds are inferior compared to M.2 SSD. It is easier to swap when M.2 is in external enclosure instead of in the motherboard M.2 slot. And even doing dual boot properly, the issue sometimes happens. So I wanted to use M.2 and also nullify any chance of my any operating systems get corrupted.

You'll wear out the contacts of the m.2 drives EXTREMELY fast.

What you really want to do is just run a vm with the other os in it or a hypervisor situation maybe.

Either way you'll kill drives quite often reseating them nonstop.