I bought a Xbox Series S, but I have some questions

MyLittleFella

Hello everyone. For some reasons, I bought a Xbox Series S.

I have a question tho': How does bans work? Is the microsoft/live account that gets banned or the console itself? Or both?

I have a few PC and Xbox Games on my MS account but I wanna make sure that the account I'm gonna be using is clean.

Is there a way to check it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Are you saying you already have an account that's been banned in some way? If so, then we can't help you with bypassing that.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

It’s the account. if you get banned Microsoft doesn’t just like brick your console, you just get blocked from joining whatever game or server you are banned from on that account.

Thanks for your answer. Is there a way that I can check the status of my account?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

Are you saying you already have an account that's been banned in some way? If so, then we can't help you with bypassing that.

I don't have. I never had any console in my life. But I do play Forza games on my Windows 10 PC w/ Xbox app.
I'm going to use that same account for my new console. But I just want to make sure that my account is fine.

Just now, MyLittleFella said:

Thanks for your answer. Is there a way that I can check the status of my account?

Unless you were incredibly offensive or something in a game you won’t get banned. AFAIK it’s hard to get banned and most bans are only a few days or weeks. Also afaik there’s not a way to check if you’re banned but whatever game you are banned from usually sends you an email if you get banned.

3 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

I don't have. I never had any console in my life. But I do play Forza games on my Windows 10 PC w/ Xbox app.
I'm going to use that same account for my new console. But I just want to make sure that my account is fine.

In that case I highly doubt you need to worry about your account being banned. And if it was banned, you would definitely know because you wouldn't be able to play any of those games. So unless you've been doing things you shouldn't be in Forza, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Unless you were incredibly offensive or something in a game you won’t get banned. AFAIK it’s hard to get banned and most bans are only a few days or weeks. Also afaik there’s not a way to check if you’re banned but whatever game you are banned from usually sends you an email if you get banned.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

By the way, Do I have to pay for Xbox Live?

2 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

Yeah, it costs either 10 per month or 60 a year

3 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

For free games, no. But you do have to for games that cost money.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

For free games, no. But you do have to for games that cost money.

So in order to play online Horizon 4, Horizon 5 and Motorsport 8 (when they release) I'll have to pay for for the Xbox Live? I'm not complaining' tho

2 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

So in order to play online Horizon 4, Horizon 5 and Motorsport 8 (when they release) I'll have to pay for for the Xbox Live? I'm not complaining' tho

Yes, for those games you will

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x