Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are you guys 5950x temps?

Temps? Have my parts getting ready for a new build. What are you guys Temps looking like and what are you cooling yours with? I am pairing mine into a Dark Hero viii and a lian li galahad 360mm in a corsair 1000d (got it for 250 usd used). I may purchase another case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also dark hero here. But I aircool my 5950X with a Noctua NH-D15 Chromax black with two noctua ippc industrial fans 3000 RPM.

 

Stock single core up to 72C and max all core 55C

 

Manuel all core oc to 4.65 ghz at 1.375 volts it peak at 85C and that's apselutely the limit for me.

 

When I have more time, I will try to dial in a oc at 1.3 volt for every day use. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark hero huge waste of money unless for liquid nitrogen use. Just get a decent board and invest in custom loop instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Dark hero huge waste of money unless for liquid nitrogen use. Just get a decent board and invest in custom loop instead.

Not really it has all the specs I was looking for in a board. If I did a custom loop it would be for the cpu only as there is no gpu block for my ASRock 6900xt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I air cool mine also with a Noctua NH - D15. Have also used the Dark Rock Pro 4 in another rig with one and it works just fine. A 360mm AIO should do just fine, however it will be less stable than an air cooler. I do not have any experience with the newer lian li AIOs though so no feedback on that.

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 Gaming OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Deep Black 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yodi2007 said:

Not really it has all the specs I was looking for in a board. If I did a custom loop it would be for the cpu only as there is no gpu block for my ASRock 6900xt.

What does it have over 200$ boards? You could use a custom loop with mono block for same money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

What does it have over 200$ boards? You could use a custom loop with mono block for same money.

it has manual per core tuning, and stronger memory oc than the original x570 boards, it's the only board of choice for alot of people. Completely overkill of a vrm but i don't care about that. I'm not using any other mobo this gen. Pretty sure there's more but that's the 2 i'm looking at. 

 

Edit: OH YEAH, no fan, that alone is worth it, everything else is just a bonus

5950x 1.32v 5.05 4.55 82C 185w (still testing, likely not stable) R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-28-2T (zen doesn't like timings as much) 1.49v 45C 1.15v soc ll evga 1080ti hybrid (waiting on next gen) ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll all nf12/14 fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll x27 ll PA272w

 

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 185w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5450 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-32-280-24 ddr3733  bdie 1.49v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA242w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

What does it have over 200$ boards? You could use a custom loop with mono block for same money.

Atheistic, overclocability, and reliability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people now discussing dark hero. Totally off topic.

 

Well I got my dark hero for several reasons. Overclocking with the asus dynamic oc switch, better vrm, the back i/o, no annoying stupid chipset fan that can fail over time, the looks fits perfectly in to my own builds dark/black theme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intelfreak said:

Why are people now discussing dark hero. Totally off topic.

I think its helpful to find out if one is buying massively over priced stuff because they like massively over priced stuff or because they somehow think it offers features worth if 400$ for normal use. Especially for a gaming rig with one gpu that would perform within 1% with a 140$ b550 board. Nothing wrong buying high-end stuff but at least be honest about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

I think its helpful to find out if one is buying massively over priced stuff because they like massively over priced stuff or because they somehow think it offers features worth if 400$ for normal use. Especially for a gaming rig with one gpu that would perform within 1% with a 140$ b550 board. Nothing wrong buying high-end stuff but at least be honest about it.

For point of view. I chose it for reliability, looks, what I need and features.

 

I have my PC's for a long time, so reliability is a apselute must. I came directly from an old Intel X58 system and been on that platform for nearly 12 years, on a Asus motherboard. It still worked perfectly, time just catches up.

 

So getting hardware that last a long time, is important. Dark hero had one feature I wanted in particular. No stupid fail hazardous chipset fan. But also probably the best overclocking feature I ha e seen for a amd motherboard Called dynamic oc switch. Also it's looks was just on point and the rear i/o as well.

 

Also I want good quality, as the Last thing we need in a polluted word. Is more cheap E-waste that holf light 3 years and it's ready to be thrown out cause of cheap garbage komponent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, Intelfreak said:

Also dark hero here. But I aircool my 5950X with a Noctua NH-D15 Chromax black with two noctua ippc industrial fans 3000 RPM.

 

Stock single core up to 72C and max all core 55C

 

Manuel all core oc to 4.65 ghz at 1.375 volts it peak at 85C and that's apselutely the limit for me.

 

When I have more time, I will try to dial in a oc at 1.3 volt for every day use. 

When I first ran with C23, my auto settings took it full to 4.9-5.0 on all cores, then it settled to 4.6-4.7 with the temps peaking at 86C during the 10 min run. Seems like that is the limit it likes. Can confirm

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | NZXT H510 Elite

Corsair Vengeance Pro 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO | Corsair RMx Series 1000W | HTC Vive Pro w/ FBT VR

2x 1TB M.2 Samsung 980 Pro | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD | 4TB IronWolf | 2TB Barracuda

Main Uses: Desktop & VR Gaming, Unity & Blender, Python & C# Dev, DAWs/Abelton and Testing VMs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×