Need help with fans and controllers

skeletonar

I have bought a pack of 3 LL120 corsair fans and a corsair aio cooler that comes with 2 ml120 fans, with the ll120 it came with an rgb hub and a lightning node. Im wondering if i need a commander pro to controll all the fans and buy 2 more ll120 if it doesnt work with seperate types of fans. 

Also i have the z490-f motherboard.

Thanks for all help.

1 hour ago, skeletonar said:

I have bought a pack of 3 LL120 corsair fans and a corsair aio cooler that comes with 2 ml120 fans, with the ll120 it came with an rgb hub and a lightning node. Im wondering if i need a commander pro to controll all the fans and buy 2 more ll120 if it doesnt work with seperate types of fans. 

Also i have the z490-f motherboard.

Thanks for all help.

This sounds like it’s getting into the peculiarities of Corsair proprietary rgb control.  More of a Corsair specific rgb question than a fan question.  It used to be that the fan and rgb were totally seperate to the point that there were actually two plugs. One for the fan system and one for the rgb system.  I only know about the fan bit.  Fan stuff is part of atx and is therefore standardized.  Your motherboard should be able to handle the fan bit.  Rgb has a history of diving deliberately away from standardization in order to allow marketing abuses and control consumers. It changes quickly. I know little about it.  There is apparently two basic kinds of rgb. Rgb and argb.  I see indications that argb may be more standardized than rgb.  I don’t know to what degree though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

With a Node Pro you will need to split it into 2x "FAN RGB hubs" 
1 hub with LL's
1 hub with ML's
6 fans per hub, 12 fans in total 

image.png.0f5f9a1e4cacdccb6bff57e7d722e5b7.png