Laptop only using small amount of CPU (Solved)

Plague_Healer

Im trying to run a small game server for just some friends, and its really bad, From what i can find its only suing the power of 1 logical processor, And i dont know how to make it use all of them.
Windows 10 x64

20210802_043358.jpg

The game server would have to support more than a single core in order to use more of them.

Also your cpu is over a decade old , I dont know what youre expecting but 10 years is a long time

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

Also your cpu is over a decade old , I dont know what youre expecting but 10 years is a long time

There does seem to be a bit of headroom from the usage they are currently showing. But it also highly depends on what game they are trying to host too and might be they set up the resource allocation wrong.

Or the other big thing here would be DON'T USE WIFI FOR A GAME SERVER :p.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

There does seem to be a bit of headroom from the usage they are currently showing. But it also highly depends on what game they are trying to host too and might be they set up the resource allocation wrong.

thats true they may be getting lag and blaming the cpu

1 minute ago, emosun said:

thats true they may be getting lag and blaming the cpu

Might even be that their internet is just not good enough too or there is too much traffic from other users downloading or uploading things and such.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It will use all of it, Only when i start to stress it hard enough, Which then it will go from lots of lag to almost perfectly fine (And im more than likely doing everything wrong, Im horrible with computers) 

1 minute ago, Plague_Healer said:

It will use all of it, Only when i start to stress it hard enough, Which then it will go from lots of lag to almost perfectly fine (And im more than likely doing everything wrong, Im horrible with computers) 

What game server are you hosting?

Just now, jaslion said:

What game server are you hosting?

Arma 3 Server tool off steam

4 minutes ago, Plague_Healer said:

Arma 3 Server tool off steam

Oh yeah thats a pretty big no here on a laptop that age. A couple people it should be able to do but not much.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah thats a pretty big no here on a laptop that age. A couple people it should be able to do but not much.

Aight, Thanks, Its been doing wonders suprizingly, Hosting space engineers with no lag (around 10-15 people)

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh, one more question, How would an I5-7200U do hosting arma?

3 minutes ago, Plague_Healer said:

Aight, Thanks, Its been doing wonders suprizingly, Hosting space engineers with no lag (around 10-15 people)

Space engineers has multi core support which is huger. So that is where it helps a ton.

2 minutes ago, Plague_Healer said:

Oh, one more question, How would an I5-7200U do hosting arma?

From some single core cinebench r15 results it's about 14% faster BUT that is in exclusive single thread. Multi thread it is very much so slower.