The Quadro Experience for Gamers?

jasonditz

My build is in the planning stages, and I'm inclined toward a Radeon GPU because I'd like to run Linux if at all possible. The RX 6600 XT seems like it'd be a good fit, pending availability.

But then I also noticed that the (semi-) local Micro Center has the Quadro P2200 in stock, and it seems like the benchmarks and price put it in the ballpark of my needs. Plus it's available, which is not often something we can say. I guess I have questions about what the experience is like though.

I know the Quadros aren't exactly designed to be consumer GPUs, but how do they function in that role? If I did go that route, could I expect gaming performance roughly in line with other cards with G3D Mark scores in the mid-9000s? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Nvidea linux drivers and Quadros? I know the drivers are not ideal, but do they more or less support the cards?

The p2200 is a good amount slower than the 6600xt, and its more simmilar to a gtx 1060 in terms of performance.

THe nvidia drives experience on linux will be the same for geoforce and quadros, not great but works most of the time.

Id just get the radeon card here, much faster.