Can I use software to make 5.1 speakers stereo?

quadeagle55

I have a set of logitech z506 speakers which are 5.1 surround. I've never had a 5.1 sound card so I haven't been able to properly use them but I would like to use them more in a 2.1 configuration for everyday use. Looking at getting a sound blaster sound card, is there software that would let me use them in a 2.1/stereo setup?

Kind of, but I'd like to use all of the speakers cause you know I paid for them. So I was wondering if there was easy to use software that would just have the rear speakers play the same signal as the side speakers

2 minutes ago, quadeagle55 said:

Kind of, but I'd like to use all of the speakers cause you know I paid for them. So I was wondering if there was easy to use software that would just have the rear speakers play the same signal as the side speakers

You could just buy an audio splitter and plug the front and back into the same output

1 minute ago, quadeagle55 said:

Stero is really designed to be used with 2 speakers, it gonna sound worse with more speakers in use.

But you can. get a splitter to have the rear ones have the same audio as the front.