Thoughts/expreiences with ASUS ROG g15/g17?

Hi I'm looking to buy a laptop like this,any past experiences with it?

ROG laptops are very well built and have decent airflow for a laptop. They have more reliable hinges than MSI laptops (the hinges on which are known to break.) Which specific components in it are you looking to buy? I know there are some 3060ti models that are good.

I would recommend #1 over #2. #1 is a bit less expensive and is the same spec except looks. IMO #3 is a worse deal than either #1 or #2 because it's the price of #2 or so with a less good GPU. I would not recommend the #4 and #5 because they are more expensive than 1 and 2 but don't have as good of a CPU. The GPU on all of them is 3050 so graphics performance should be about the same, CPU, price and build quality is what you should be looking for. Also I assume this is my translate plugin being inaccurate but the OS on each is listed as FreeDOS?

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

I would recommend #1 over #2. #1 is a bit less expensive and is the same spec except looks. IMO #3 is a worse deal than either #1 or #2 because it's the price of #2 or so with a less good GPU. I would not recommend the #4 and #5 because they are more expensive than 1 and 2 but don't have as good of a CPU. The GPU on all of them is 3050 so graphics performance should be about the same, CPU, price and build quality is what you should be looking for. Also I assume this is my translate plugin being inaccurate but the OS on each is listed as FreeDOS?

Yes it's FreeDos,it's a common practice in hungary to sell laptops/prebuilts without an op system,and have an option to charge them more for it(20-40 thousand HUF)

Also i would buy extra 8 gigs of ram for the first option(its around 15 000 HUF)

Thank you for the answer, I knew they were good specs wise but if the build quality is good I will buy it

2 minutes ago, Cifri said:

Yes it's FreeDos,it's a common practice in hungary to sell laptops/prebuilts without an op system,and have an option to charge them more for it(20-40 thousand HUF)

Also i would buy extra 8 gigs of ram for the first option(its around 15 000 HUF)

Thank you for the answer, I knew they were good specs wise but if the build quality is good I will buy it

Alright cool then. I would factor in $20-50 usd for Windows cost. I won't send a link because the line between piracy and legality on those keys is a little blurred and it could be considered against forum rules, but if you want the Windows key for cheap go on ebay and look up 'windows 10 key' and you can find cheap ones.

5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Alright cool then. I would factor in $20-50 usd for Windows cost. I won't send a link because the line between piracy and legality on those keys is a little blurred and it could be considered against forum rules, but if you want the Windows key for cheap go on ebay and look up 'windows 10 key' and you can find cheap ones.

Yea im not worried about it