How can I install Windows 10 Pro in one M.2 SSD and then Ubuntu 20.04 in another M.2 SSD?

DaveMedan

I decided to just use two drive for two different operating system (Linux and Windows 10 Pro / 11)

After doing some technical difficulty 

How can i do this the right way, can i just install them on different drive?

or i swap out the SSD first, then install Windows for the new drive?

Thanks

The installers will show what drive is what, but IMO you should unplug the other drive when installing one OS, and then swap the two to install the other OS. Then add both SSDs once youre done. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

43 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

The installers will show what drive is what, but IMO you should unplug the other drive when installing one OS, and then swap the two to install the other OS. Then add both SSDs once youre done. 

This^^^

After you have both installed and both drives installed boot up into Linux and run

sudo update-grub

in terminal, it should discover the Windows install and add it to the GRUB boot menu so you can boot either.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)