Solved: problems with gc?

so when i went to turn on my pc go watch some youtube etc after a good 3-4 minutes of being on it stopped giving any output to my screen 

restarted pc and no output at all 

all fans spinning and turning it off/on works

so i turned it off turned off the powersupply and checked if there was any damage to the cables or anything unnormal. but nothing

i turn on the power supply again turn on the pc i check msu afterburner and temperatures are normal but then same thing happened again 

now turning off/on power supply and turning on the pc again doesent give me any signal 

i have a 1660super 6gb an i5 10400f 16gb ram ddr4 2666mhz

i have no idea why this happened since i never had any problems before

okay so i have a little update i just got an outout again started recording and when i openned opera gx 2 seconds later my screen turned off i think that opera gx might be the problem because when i opened it before i got no output the first time it also happend seconds later

ok so i deleted opera gx tried went into netflix youtube some other websites

played csgo an theres no abnormal gc usage. its been 10 minutes and my pc is still on giving output

so ig it was opera gx that did something

is it known for doing anything weird related to gpus?

1 hour ago, 635 said:

so when i went to turn on my pc go watch some youtube etc after a good 3-4 minutes of being on it stopped giving any output to my screen 

restarted pc and no output at all 

all fans spinning and turning it off/on works

so i turned it off turned off the powersupply and checked if there was any damage to the cables or anything unnormal. but nothing

i turn on the power supply again turn on the pc i check msu afterburner and temperatures are normal but then same thing happened again 

now turning off/on power supply and turning on the pc again doesent give me any signal 

i have a 1660super 6gb an i5 10400f 16gb ram ddr4 2666mhz

i have no idea why this happened since i never had any problems before

okay so i have a little update i just got an outout again started recording and when i openned opera gx 2 seconds later my screen turned off i think that opera gx might be the problem because when i opened it before i got no output the first time it also happend seconds later

ok so i deleted opera gx tried went into netflix youtube some other websites

played csgo an theres no abnormal gc usage. its been 10 minutes and my pc is still on giving output

so ig it was opera gx that did something

is it known for doing anything weird related to gpus?

Not that I know of. You might have had a corrupt file in it or something though so not operaGX in general just the stuff you were using.  Might try redownloading it and see if it works fine now.  Might have downloaded a modified file too.  Be sure to download things from a reputable source.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not that I know of. You might have had a corrupt file in it or something though so not operaGX in general just the stuff you were using.  Might try redownloading it and see if it works fine now.  Might have downloaded a modified file too.  Be sure to download things from a reputable source.  

well opera worked fine for almost a year now and i used it just a few hours before this happened. and i didnt really download anything that could cause this at least that i know of

Edited by 635

6 minutes ago, 635 said:

well opera worked fine for almost a year now and i used it just a few hours before this happened. and i didnt really download anything that could cause this at least that i know of

So it might not have even been operaGX at all, and if it was it may have simply been how or where it was stored on your machine or something.  I just haven’t heard of that program specifically causing such problems in systems.  Which doesn’t mean much. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.