First Build

Bron_

Budget (including currency): $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: This will be used to play mainly Call of Duty Warzone and for school work. 

Other details Im trying to game on 120 frames on like medium settings. I also had questions about the compatability issues like if a 240mm radiator and fans will fit on top and if the ram will interfere in any way. Another question that I had is if there is a way to get the front USB-C to work using like another cable or an extender or something like that?  

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.45.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.45.57 PM.png

You won't be getting 120 fps in warzone with a 1650. Honestly warzone is pretty bad for performance, I'd be surprised if you were able to get anywhere near that with this budget of system.

I would swap out your psu, you won't be needing 750w. A good 550w unit will do.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

13 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You won't be getting 120 fps in warzone with a 1650. Honestly warzone is pretty bad for performance, I'd be surprised if you were able to get anywhere near that with this budget of system.

I would swap out your psu, you won't be needing 750w. A good 550w unit will do.

people always say go with a lesser PSU, but a good 750W will last for a long long time. i've had one in particular that's a decade old now. 
if you get a good PSU it will last longer than any other component. (unless we go to all 12V PSUs)

i've had to upgrade from lesser PSUs before when i wanted to do a GPU upgrade too. it's just better to get a good reliable PSU up front if you can afford it.  

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

6 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

people always say go with a lesser PSU, but a good 750W will last for a long long time. i've had one in particular that's a decade old now. 
if you get a good PSU it will last longer than any other component. (unless we go to all 12V PSUs)

i've had to upgrade from lesser PSUs before when i wanted to do a GPU upgrade too. it's just better to get a good reliable PSU up front if you can afford it.  

Basically if you want a psu its either fully disposable upon upgrade (just enough wattage for your system) or a psu that will last a looooong time like an 850w or 1000w

There you go:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D9x3TJ

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D9x3TJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($93.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC Video Card  ($811.09 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.16 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1577.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-05 00:29 EDT-0400

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Budget (including currency): $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: playing video games like Warzone and doing schoolwork

Other details I want to be able to play around 100 frames per second on like medium settings.

How do I fix the compatibly issues on the case and the motherboard because these are the ones that I want but I don't want to change them. Can I buy like an extra dongle or something like that. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Jy6Hz

Edited by CEO of Russia
Wanted to add an extra tag

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CVBXcT

A modification of your list

Yeeting all the useless or uneccesary stuff like rgb and substituting them for cheaper options saves 160$ and the case still has rgb xD

Its either performance or asthetics, choosing both will mean overbudget

choose 1

btw if you arent ocing you can save alot of money on the cooler and motherboard

Your case has a USB Type C port but your motherboard doesn't have any header for it. You would need to either get a PCIe card with the header, or use adapters for the USB3 and USB2 type A ports on the board, resulting in all of the USB ports on the case running slower than spec, although depending on what you plug in to them this may not be a major issue.

Please do not spend that amount of money on a 1650.

You don't need an overpriced 240mm AIO for a 3600.

You don't need a 750W PSU.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Please do not spend that amount of money on a 1650.

You don't need an overpriced 240mm AIO for a 3600.

You don't need a 750W PSU.

Yes

Yes

Idk if you are really tight on budget then choose a psu that just enough for your computer and ditch it the instant you upgrade

Otherwise choose a high wattage psu just for futureproofing, though dont spend too much on the psu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RvqCYg

Heavily modified version of your list

Yeeted the expensive uneccesary garbage but kept as much rgb as possible whilst keeping it cheap

Cheaper board and cooler cause i assume you dont care about ocing but will be enough for the cpu

850w psu cause might aswell be more futureproof for an extra 10$

5800x cause much better cpu than 3600

if you would like to oc then only option would be going 10700k or 10850k

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zzFRW3

intel version with 10 cores

really stretching the budget so still same cooler, just mitigate it by setting the 10850 to 4.8ghz with 1.2v or less in the bios

if you want 10 cores but dont want to oc then just go for a 10900f instead though undervolting wont be as good as 10850k

and for both lists gpu is up to you

Budget (including currency): 1500$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Want to use to PC for Warzone and doing online school work.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want to be able to play at 100 frames on medium low settings. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yy9Kj2

R5 3600 and a GTX 1650 non-S for $1500, oh jeez...

If you're looking for advice and changes, which is what I assume you want, then yeet the AIO and swap it for a Scythe Fuma 2, get a B450 board since your CPU doesn't support PCIe Gen 4 so there's no reason to get B550 because you can just update B450 BIOS later on for Ryzen 5000 support, get rid of the RGB RAM and get T-Force Vulcan Z instead, and I would probably get the EVGA Supernova 650W Gold instead of the NZXT unit, because $110 for a 650W PSU is highway robbery. A 500W unit would also be more than fine, just $39.99 for a decent EVGA 80+ Bronze unit.

Case has zero airflow, get a Phanteks Eclipse P300A instead, or a 4000D Airflow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CTmt8

Changing these things saved $350. You can put that towards a better GPU or CPU.

um you dont need liquid cooling actualy. i always prefer the other ones. you can swap Samsung SSD with silicon power much cheap. and 650 is little too big for 1050 + 3600. 550W is enough somthing like CXM or TXM or Seasonic Gold.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Just now, wavem2 said:

R5 3600 and a GTX 1650 non-S for $1500, oh jeez...

If you're looking for advice and changes, which is what I assume you want, then yeet the AIO and swap it for a Scythe Fuma 2, get a B450 board since your CPU doesn't support PCIe Gen 4 so there's no reason to get B550 because you can just update B450 BIOS later on for Ryzen 5000 support, get rid of the RGB RAM and get T-Force Vulcan Z instead, and I would probably get the EVGA Supernova 650W Gold instead of the NZXT unit, because $110 for a 650W PSU is highway robbery.

Case has zero airflow, get a Phanteks Eclipse P300A instead, or a 4000D Airflow.

the 3600 for $245 also makes no sense. I would wait until August 5, the release date of the 5600g, and get that (and a b550 board like a b550-a pro) 

another advantage of a 5600g is that you can wait for a 3060 ti/3070 to fall to MSRP before buying a GPU. 

Other than that, you basically pointed out everything

19 minutes ago, CEO of Russia said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Want to use to PC for Warzone and doing online school work.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want to be able to play at 100 frames on medium low settings. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yy9Kj2

7/10

Overspending on garbage like rgb and cutting costs on cpu and other important parts

Does your budget include a monitor and other peripherals or do you already have some/is your budget only for the actual PC ?

If it's purely for the PC itself I've made a config that fits the budget but that will probably perform better than what you want so you might be able to downgrade some things there and there like the motherboard going for a B450 or even the RAM by reducing clock speed or get a 5600 or even a Ryzen 3000 series instead of a 5600x at which point you might want to keep the stock cooler although I don't think Ryzen includes one in the 5000 series anymore.

I didn't pick any cases because it often depends on taste and the sort of use but you can surely find one that fits both your tastes and budget.

The graphic card doesn't have a price shown and at the moment it will just blow your budget, if you can wait you will probably be able to get one around 500$ in 2 months or even cheaper.

If your budget includes peripherals then definitely go for the alternatives I stated to spare money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pxw3xc

Edit: Shoot I hadn't seen the link you
had put for the config you had in mind. While I was writing some other people made good points (no need for water cooler, no need for b550 if you go for 3000 series and wait for GPU at msrp before buying so you can get a 30 series for the same price as the 1650 u picked and RGB ram gives more performance #facts (not really))

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite V1, Ryzen 5 3600X, Gigabyte OC 3070ti, 850watt PSU, 1440p 144hz G@ming

14 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z69Kj2

Annihilated

Heck you could swap over to intel and maybe upgrade the gpu or atleast storage

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zTK7xc

Damn really nice build, you can straight up upgrade to a 3070 or even a 3080 and just upgrade the ram.

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite V1, Ryzen 5 3600X, Gigabyte OC 3070ti, 850watt PSU, 1440p 144hz G@ming

Just now, Boombi said:

Damn really nice build

Thx

But i bet there are better parts out there that i could have chosen

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thx

But i bet there are better parts out there that i could have chosen

Depends on what he's looking for, if he wants something he can upgrade later easily and get massive increase in performance yours doesn't get a lot better.

16 minutes ago, Boombi said:

RGB ram gives more performance #facts

Literally every noob which doesnt know anything about pcs that wants a gaming pc be like

Like come on rgb is fine but it can be a real money pit if you arent careful, thats why i am so critical when money is being overspent on rgb

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Literally every noob which doesnt know anything about pcs that wants a gaming pc be like

Like come on rgb is fine but it can be a real money pit if you arent careful, thats why i am so critical when money is being overspent on rgb

Yeah I have G.Skill trident Z RGB from my dad who had bought a used PC from someone. I had Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz but it was causing blue screen if I put them at 3200mhz, turned out the motherboard I was using had a compatibility issue with that particular ram so asked my dad to swap so we both could use the 3200 MHz, now I've got RGB gamer ram but I wouldn't have put extra money to get them in the first place. But I've heard that G.Skill trident Z is really good despite being RGB so it's not that bad.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I want to used this for Call of Duty Warzone and for schoolwork.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to be able to play at 120 frames on medium settings 

I want to be able to pay lower prices for the GPU and the maximum that I would go would be 400 USD. 

Will be using this for 3-5 years so no need to future proof for at least some time

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6BPwBc

11 minutes ago, CEO of Russia said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I want to used this for Call of Duty Warzone and for schoolwork.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to be able to play at 120 frames on medium settings 

I want to be able to pay lower prices for the GPU and the maximum that I would go would be 400 USD. 

Will be using this for 3-5 years so no need to future proof for at least some time

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6BPwBc

it looks good but you might want a bigger hdd if your going to store cod games

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

it looks good but you might want a bigger hdd if your going to store cod games

Ok thanks 🙂