Recommendations for RJ45 Connectors Compatible with 28 AWG

oblivion-npc
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
8 hours ago, oblivion-npc said:

Has anyone dealt with terminating these super slim ethernet cables before?

Can't say that I've dealt with slim cables before. For in-wall runs, I tend to go with regular sized cable to ensure I maximize the insulation and reduce possibility of interference. For short runs, I'll get patch cables of appropriate length that are pre-crimped.

Came across this and this.

Hey guys,

For a serious of convoluted reasons, I ended up having to re-run some ethernet cables in my house using monoprice slimrun CAT6A. This would have been fine, but the problem is the cables are too slim to terminate with normal ethernet connectors. I ended up having to splice the old connector back on for the cable running from the verizon ONT to my router, and my gigabit speeds have dropped to about 35 mbps. I can't seem to find any connectors rated for 28 AWG (which is what size the monoprice slimrun cables use) that isn't like $30 per connector for some reason. I know they are out there, I think I'm just looking in the wrong places. Has anyone dealt with terminating these super slim ethernet cables before? I could really use some help finding connectors for em. I tried using my regular connectors and the wires just slip out. I also tried a different style of connector, specifically cable matters tool-free connectors, but they also had the same problem.

god hit randomize and left me like that

8 hours ago, oblivion-npc said:

Has anyone dealt with terminating these super slim ethernet cables before?

Can't say that I've dealt with slim cables before. For in-wall runs, I tend to go with regular sized cable to ensure I maximize the insulation and reduce possibility of interference. For short runs, I'll get patch cables of appropriate length that are pre-crimped.

2 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

That first one looks like it will do the trick, thank you!!! I just placed an order so I should have them in a few days. Can't wait to have my gigabit internet back...

god hit randomize and left me like that