Weirdest issue I ever had. Black screen until OS login screen. Gpu fine, no iGPU, checked everything

Hello, I have a Gigabyte z590 UD AC and a 11700k. Yesterday I restarted my computer and at first I couldn't get it to go past the Gigabyte logo. I thought there was a problem with the grub so I turned it off for the day.

Today I turned it on and now I get a black screen until ubuntu loads, then everything is fine.

While booting I can't see the grub menu, nor the gigabyte logo. It takes around 35 seconds to reach ubuntu so I think it's booting normally but not giving any video output while booting.

The VGA led on my mobo is always on, even after boot, that indicates there is a problem with the vga but still I can play games on windows and watch 4k videos on ubuntu just fine.

What I tried:

• 4 different gpus. All same behaviour
  • All ports on each gpu on different monitors with different cables. Same behaviour
  • Different pcie port. Same behaviour
  • Cleared CMOS. Same behaviour
  • Installed F2, F3 and F4 bios using q-flash plus. Same behaviour
  • Pressed del/f2 at boot to go into bios. It seems that it's working but I can't see anything because there is no video output. 

Remember that if I let it boot I can get into the OS without any issues. The problem is that I can't go into the bios nor see the boot process because there is no video output until it reaches the OS login screen.

This is the weirdest issue I've seen in my 10 years working with computers.

It feels like it's trying to output video to a different card but there is no other gpu connected and the processor it's a K version so it doesn't have iGPU.

Thanks in advancd

Did you check if something like "Fast Boot" is enabled? Or other options to show/hide the Logos?

Did you set "GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true" in grub.cfg?

Did you remove "splash" from "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT" in grub.cfg?

Correct me if i'm wrong, learning is a lifelong mission

4 minutes ago, Konrni said:

Did you check if something like "Fast Boot" is enabled? Or other options to show/hide the Logos?

Did you set "GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true" in grub.cfg?

Did you remove "splash" from "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT" in grub.cfg?

Hello, fast boot is disabled. Ubuntu's grub has default config. But still I can't even go into bios because I have no image, as far as I know even if I mess with the grub it shouldn't affect the default boot of the mobo.

I tried without any hdd/ssd attached to remove the OS factor but still can't even see the post window because I have no image.

The computer boots and it seems like I can enter the bios because of the computer's behaviour with hotkeys. But I can't do anything because there is no image while booting.

these were my only ideas. A (custom) messed up boot logo in the bios would be new to me and should be reset after a reset/bios update, what you both did.

Sorry then.

Correct me if i'm wrong, learning is a lifelong mission

2 minutes ago, Konrni said:

these were my only ideas. A (custom) messed up boot logo in the bios would be new to me and should be reset after a reset/bios update, what you both did.

Sorry then.

Hello, thanks for trying. I have no clue of what's going on, I believe it's a faulty motherboard but maybe there is something else going on