Will my computer still work without a graphics card?

Jellyboi66
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Almost certainly. C2Ds didn't have integrated graphics, but the overwhelming majority of motherboards used for them did. If your motherboard has a display output in the I/O, that's all you need.

Hello, so my older computer has an

Nvidia (it says ASUS on the card though) GeForce gtx 660 GPU

And an

Intel core 2duo e7300 @2.66GHz cpu

my question is, if I take out the graphics card temporarily to use with my new build at the moment. Is my older computer still capable of running without the graphics card?

thanks in advance

edit: Well unfortunately my mother board is the p5ql pro, and it does not have a display port on the rear I/O lol, so it looks like I’m in the market for a new graphics card for my new computer. In the meantime I will still borrow the graphics card for now thanks all for the help

Edited by Jellyboi66
Problem solved

Almost certainly. C2Ds didn't have integrated graphics, but the overwhelming majority of motherboards used for them did. If your motherboard has a display output in the I/O, that's all you need.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

18 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Well unfortunately my mother board is the p5ql pro, and it does not have a display port on the rear I/O lol, so it looks like I’m in the market for a new graphics card for my new computer. In the meantime I will still borrow the graphics card for now. Thanks though for the help