How much would I get mining with this GPU ?

Go to solution Solved by tikker,
9 hours ago, yMaths said:

Why does it say that it only makes 1 euro a day but on NiceHash it says it gives 2,17 euros a day

PS: im talking about mining bitcoin

Bitcoin can only be mined with ASICs nowadays. In the case of NiceHash you'll be mining whatever is most profitable and NiceHash subsequently pays you in BTC. Also minerstat might be a bit optimistic if you have the Light Hashrate (LHR) variant of the card, in which case the hashrate is lower and so profits will be even less (unless you use the hacked driver).

Check which version of the card you have (LHR or not), your profit will depend on it. At your quoted €0.15 / kWh:

NiceHash estimate 3060: €2.78 / day

NiceHash estimate 3060 LHR: €1.80 / day

10 hours ago, yMaths said:

if I can pay it off in 6 months ?

Let's be optimistic and say the price will stay what it is right now or even increase. In that case you will have earned €2.78 / day * 31 days/month * 6 months = €517.08. Depending on what you paid for it it might pay itself off, but crypto is rather unpredictable so it's best to always prepare for it to crash hard tomorrow.

Hello everyone, 

I would like to get some information on this gpu : Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3060 Elite 12GB GDDR6.

How much would I get mining with this GPU for a straight month ? And is it worth mining with this GPU ? Are there any problems ?

21 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Hello everyone, 

I would like to get some information on this gpu : Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3060 Elite 12GB GDDR6.

How much would I get mining with this GPU for a straight month ? And is it worth mining with this GPU ? Are there any problems ?

Depends on where you are.  I get the impression that if the answer is “China” only bad things.  The issue is video cards use power which costs money so the cost of the power matters a lot and that varies by area. It’s possible for power to cost more than one makes in cryptocoin at which point things become “uneconomical” 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On my country it's 0,15EUR/kWH , I just want to know if there is any know issue with this GPU , if I can pay it off in 6 months ?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, yMaths said:

On my country it's 0,15EUR/kWH , I just want to know if there is any know issue with this GPU , if I can pay it off in 6 months ?

Heh.  There’s probably an app for that.  The issue though is that the values of various cryptocoins flip around like commodities futures. Or worse.  No one knows what is going to happen in the next six months. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  There’s probably an app for that.  The issue though is that the values of various cryptocoins flip around like commodities futures. Or worse.  No one knows what is going to happen in the next six months. 

By the way, Im talking about mining bitcoin

3 hours ago, yMaths said:

By the way, Im talking about mining bitcoin

You’re not.  Bitcoin is A cryptocurrency.  A specific one. One that cannot be mined at anything more than great loss with a gaming gpu literally anywhere.  If you only want to mine specifically Bitcoin the answer gets easy: zero.  People do not mine Bitcoin and haven’t for years.  Corporations do. And not small ones, and not with gaming GPUs.  They use ASICS, and they will have hundreds of them they line the walls of powerplants with because buying power retail doesn’t even cut it.  There are OTHER cryptocoins, etherium is what has been big lately for gaming GPUs, but etherium is not Bitcoin. One can effectively rent your card to a company who will mine something else on it and be paid in Bitcoin, so electricity goes in and Bitcoin comes out, but there won’t be any mining of Bitcoin on a gaming card.  There are hundreds of kinds of cryptocoin but most of them are totally or near totally worthless.  There’s a few that have value, such as Bitcoin and those are the ones with greater volatility than the futures market.  Most cryptocoins have near zero value and always have so they’re not as volitile, because zero x zero is zero.

3 hours ago, yMaths said:

Why does it say that it only makes 1 euro a day but on NiceHash it says it gives 2,17 euros a day

Remember that variable by area thing? It can be as little as very close to zero in places with expensive electric power like Germany.  For a while most of the cryptomining in the world was done in Mongolia.  Why? Because Mongolia subsidized electricity to try to draw businesses.  Cheap power.  They did it because they thought it would create jobs. Cryptomining doesn’t do that though.  They throw up a warehouse, fill it with cards, and leave.  Mongolia wasn’t getting what it paid for.

9 hours ago, yMaths said:

Bitcoin can only be mined with ASICs nowadays. In the case of NiceHash you'll be mining whatever is most profitable and NiceHash subsequently pays you in BTC. Also minerstat might be a bit optimistic if you have the Light Hashrate (LHR) variant of the card, in which case the hashrate is lower and so profits will be even less (unless you use the hacked driver).

Check which version of the card you have (LHR or not), your profit will depend on it. At your quoted €0.15 / kWh:

NiceHash estimate 3060: €2.78 / day

NiceHash estimate 3060 LHR: €1.80 / day

10 hours ago, yMaths said:

if I can pay it off in 6 months ?

Let's be optimistic and say the price will stay what it is right now or even increase. In that case you will have earned €2.78 / day * 31 days/month * 6 months = €517.08. Depending on what you paid for it it might pay itself off, but crypto is rather unpredictable so it's best to always prepare for it to crash hard tomorrow.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB