Modular SFX PSU

SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by Jeppes,

SF450 smarter as cheaper and even that has 300W more than you need.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for a modular SFX power supply.  I want it modular cause when i use it in the first PC it's going to be in, i'll only need the 24 pin and one 4+4/8 pin.

Once i'm done with this first PC it'll go in the cupboard of despair for a later iTX project

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-sf-series-750w-80-plus-platinum-modular-sfx-power-supply-cp-9020186-uk-ca-24j-cs.html

I've found this and they've got a few in stock still.  I've checked it out on the teir list and all's good.  The price is about where i'd want to be too.

What i'm asking you guys for is some alternatives if this one is out of stock when i get paid in a couple of weeks.

The PC i'm buying it for will be a B85/4th Gen intel probably running an i5 with an nvme m.2 and nothing else.  But the subsequent iTX build/s could go anywhere.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

you could buy any other sfx powersupply and just cut off the wires you don;t need if the build isn;t important.

23 minutes ago, emosun said:

you could buy any other sfx powersupply and just cut off the wires you don;t need if the build isn;t important.

🤣  No,  I want to use the PSU in another build later down the line.  But i like your style 😉

7 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

no definately gotta be at least 750 for the other build next year.  I only plan to use the first build for a few months while away.  Just don't want to get something low powered and then e-waste it when i get the more powerful PSU next year

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

@Jeppes  Plus i've already got an FSP 60GHS (85) sitting powering my 2120t itx build right now

On 7/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, Jeppes said:

Took your advice in the end.  Managed to snag a Brand New one from fleabay for a 58 quid best offer (plus a little postage)