Screen blinks black with youtube vid (new gpu)

Go to solution Solved by NewfieBullet,

It can't be a coincidence that we're both having the exact same issue at the same time, except with a 1070 ti for myself. It only started occurring after I had reinstalled Windows 10 on July 17th, disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome settings or lowering the desktop resolution to 1440x900 or below resolves the problem.

On the other hand, the blink doesn't occur in Microsoft Edge, even with hardware acceleration enabled. 

Just put in a new gpu (zotac gtx 1660 super.) Ever since then, whenever I minimize or maximize Chrome or MS Edge while a YT video is playing or paused, then screen will go black. 

See video

any help for a beginner?

(NEW INFO)

- Issue happens with other sites now

- The GPU is new (no overlocks active)

- CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g intergrated graphics

- Uninstalled Radeon Software, still have Radeon chipset 

- Issue started when I installed new GPU

- Do I disable intergrated graphics in BIOS?

Have the newest drivers? What was your previous GPU, if you had one in this system?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Suggest you try posting some of your variables next time you have a question, for instance connection method (DVI/DVI-D/DP/Mini DP/HDMI (and variants)/USB-C/Thunderbolt) or if you've noticed the fault any other time or instances?

Take it you are using HDMI to connect from GPU to monitor?

Check HDMI settings if so, I had the same issue with a projector and changed cables and so many other things, but found it was a setting in the end. Try the HDMI 2 way/cec settings or auto detect iirc...?

Edited by Ian Fidel
opening advice added

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Is it a new GPU or used one?

Brand new GPU fresh out the box. Literally put it in my pc yesterday

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Have the newest drivers? What was your previous GPU, if you had one in this system?

Yes. I just got the gpu yesterday and installed game ready driver 471.47 from nvidia site

2 hours ago, Ian Fidel said:

Suggest you try posting some of your variables next time you have a question, for instance connection method (DVI/DVI-D/DP/Mini DP/HDMI (and variants)/USB-C/Thunderbolt) or if you've noticed the fault any other time or instances?

Take it you are using HDMI to connect from GPU to monitor?

Check HDMI settings if so, I had the same issue with a projector and changed cables and so many other things, but found it was a setting in the end. Try the HDMI 2 way/cec settings or auto detect iirc...?

Sorry. I just learned variables from you (yes, I'm a beginner). Connection is hdmi (gpu hdmi). It's a new gpu so no other faults or instances.

Yes hdmi to tv. This didn't happen with intergrated graphics. Hdmi settings on the pc?

6 hours ago, ibegaming said:

Brand new GPU fresh out the box. Literally put it in my pc yesterday

alright. Try downloading and using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to delete all display drivers from the system. Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

Did you plug your screen to the GPU or to do the IGP output? 🙂

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

9 hours ago, ibegaming said:

Yes. I just got the gpu yesterday and installed game ready driver 471.47 from nvidia site

I would go ahead and delete latest drivers and install older ones. Sometimes it's best to use older drivers cuz they don't create any sort of problems and you literally are not forced to update to new drivers unless you want to.

16 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

alright. Try downloading and using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to delete all display drivers from the system. Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

Does the ryzen 3 3200g have display drivers? I only downloaded the Radeon software program & chipset driver

15 hours ago, 7heo said:

Did you plug your screen to the GPU or to do the IGP output? 🙂

I literally just searched this lol. I plug it into the gpu. I no longer get display from the mobo/ryzen integrated graphics when I installed the gpu

first use DDU to get ri of the AMD igpu driver completely.  THEN disable it in bios.  Then get rid of the nvidia driver with DDU and reinstall it

Edit:

DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Would I still be able to see the screen if I uninstall both display drivers? In order to reinstall?

How did you get on? Have you resolved your issue ibe'?

8 hours ago, Ian Fidel said:

How did you get on? Have you resolved your issue ibe'?

Problem is still on going. I'm going to remove the display drivers today and see if that helps

22 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

first use DDU to get ri of the AMD igpu driver completely.  THEN disable it in bios.  Then get rid of the nvidia driver with DDU and reinstall it

Edit:

DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller

It didn't work. After tinkering with the display settings, this issue doesn't happen when the display res. is set to 1440 x 900

After tinkering with the display settings, this issue doesn't happen when the display res. is set to 1440 x 900. Maybe that would help with might be the problem? I also uninstalled any AMD & Nvidia drivers with DDU and reinstalled Nvidia drivers, issues still happens unless it's in 1440x900 resolution

@ibegaming I have merged your 2 threads together for this issue. Please keep things in a single thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 hours ago, ibegaming said:

It didn't work. After tinkering with the display settings, this issue doesn't happen when the display res. is set to 1440 x 900

What is the native res of the monitor?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

It can't be a coincidence that we're both having the exact same issue at the same time, except with a 1070 ti for myself. It only started occurring after I had reinstalled Windows 10 on July 17th, disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome settings or lowering the desktop resolution to 1440x900 or below resolves the problem.

On the other hand, the blink doesn't occur in Microsoft Edge, even with hardware acceleration enabled. 

On 8/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

What is the native res of the monitor?

It's a TCL tv. Didn't mention that, my apologies.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:19 AM, NewfieBullet said:

Yo! you are the goat!! THANK YOU, seriously cause this has been bugging me while working 🙏🏾