Command rate 1n on 10th gen core processors??

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

I have been running 1T CR on all my systems ever since I first got my DDR3 system back in 2009. It aint rocket science nor that hard for RAMs to run at 1T. Not to mention, its super easy see if it is able to run it or not.

I've seen many successful memory OCs with their command rate set to 1n. Problem is they all had ryzen processors. All the other Intel memory OCs only used 2n, but they were older generations, so I wanted to know if 10th gen would be able to handle a faster cr like they do on amd.

My memory kit is a viper rgb black 3200mhz cl16 2x8gb. Max speed is 2933mhz coz of b460 board. 10th gen i7 non-k.

I've also posted this on reddit btw in r/overclocking.

I have been running 1T CR on all my systems ever since I first got my DDR3 system back in 2009. It aint rocket science nor that hard for RAMs to run at 1T. Not to mention, its super easy see if it is able to run it or not.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

28 minutes ago, Levent said:

Oh that's good to know. Also, are cpus even a factor of stability of ram, particularly when set to 1t cr? Coz the way you said it is like cpus aren't a factor, but more of the modules themselves, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info too. Gave me more confidence

3 minutes ago, imlit69 said:
  1. Are cpus even a factor of stability of ram
  2. Coz the way you said it is like cpus aren't a factor, but more of the modules themselves, if I'm not mistaken.

1-) IMC is on the CPU, so, it is.

2-) You are mistaken, CPUs have a huge effect on memory clocks and how much you can overclock them. I am not entire sure on how much of a effect IMC has on timings but CPU definitely has a effect on how high you can clock your RAMs.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

1-) IMC is on the CPU, so, it is.

2-) You are mistaken, CPUs have a huge effect on memory clocks and how much you can overclock them. I am not entire sure on how much of a effect IMC has on timings but CPU definitely has a effect on how high you can clock your RAMs.

If u said you've been doing this since 2009, then ddr4 and 10th gen intel will be able to handle 1t very easily. Thanks so much.