Feedback needed on future gaming rig build

fs_duke

Budget (including currency): $1200 USD (does not include the cost of a potential dual monitor upgrade)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily for Steam games (Age of Empires II, Ark Survival Evolved, Battletech, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Subnautica, Tekken 7). Some light programming (HTML and PHP)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have compiled the following parts list on PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/fs_duke/saved/#view=qWk34D I already have purchased the motherboard and RAM from this list. I'd like to be able to play at 1080p on my current monitors (an Asus VN247 and an Acer S211HL) but eventually upgrade my monitors to be able to play at 1440p at a half decent refresh rate; I'm still researching this part of the build but any suggestions would be appreciated 馃檪.

My current parts list has a Ryzen 5 5600X CPU as a placeholder for the upcoming integrated graphics CPUs from AMD; the Ryzen 5 5600G or Ryzen 7 5700G. My existing rig is an Intel based system and the integrated graphics has allowed me to keep using it while I had to send my AMD RX 580 in for RMA. Ideally, I'd like to have the same type of CPU in my new build for redundancy. I'm leaning towards the Ryzen 7 5700G but of the two, which would be best suited for me based on my parts list?

My list also has an RTX 3060 as a placeholder because I'm not completely sold on this GPU (although because of the current GPU shortage, this appears to theoretically be the least expensive option for a current GPU). Given the game titles that I'd like to be able to play and an eventual update of my monitors, what would be the best GPU (assuming a pricepoint closer to MSRP than the current scalper prices) to pair with one of the upcoming 5600G or 5700G CPUs?

I would appreciate anyone's additional input on this as I continue to plan and watch the marketplace.

Personally, I would just keep the Ryzen 5 5600X and if you really want to get every last dollar worth remove some of the聽RGB and go for a cheaper option. It really depends on your preference though. As for the graphics card, its kind of hit or miss. If you can get one for a good price I would go for that, if not just wait a few months for the prices to keep coming down. If you need more help or something just comment on this and ill respond.聽

32 minutes ago, TheTrueLando said:

Personally, I would just keep the Ryzen 5 5600X and if you really want to get every last dollar worth remove some of the聽RGB and go for a cheaper option. It really depends on your preference though. As for the graphics card, its kind of hit or miss. If you can get one for a good price I would go for that, if not just wait a few months for the prices to keep coming down. If you need more help or something just comment on this and ill respond.聽

I think I'll see what the MSRP will be on those 2 CPUs and the benchmarks vs the 5600X. That should better inform my decision there.

As far as the GPU goes, I guess the question is for a budget like mine, which is the better choice: NVIDIA or AMD?