Weird freezing/instability issue in custom pc, any help appreciated

thatastroman

I built my first custom pc a few months ago, but I have been having a really weird issue with it lately. 
My pc sort of randomly starts to slow down, I can interact with certain things (minimizing and maximising tabs, pausing videos, clicking some buttons) at the start, however I start to lose all function in the pc. Can't open applications, new Chrome tabs, even open task manager or shut down/restart/sleep my pc. The only thing I can do is turn my pc off at the power button, turn it back on, and the issue goes away. 
I've been trying different things to see what might be wrong or fix the issue. I have tried:
- Switching out my RAM
- Adding more RAM
- Running a windows memory diagnostic
- Running a windows disk check
- Running a windows virus check
- Running a third party malware check (MalwareBytes)
- Pulling back a GPU overclock
- Uninstalling weird/unused software (Valorant was reporting 1.22 TB used on 1 TB ssd in windows add or remove program screen? , https://imgur.com/W2Px50h really shit image but you can make out the 1.22 TB number)
- Re-installing NVIDIA drivers
- Checking system temperatures
All of the diagnostics I have run have come up with nothing. No RAM issues, no ssd issues, no malware or viruses found. Switching out RAM and pulling back my overclock didn't fix the issue, and I didn't find any abnormal CPU or GPU temperatures. Uninstalling dodgy and unused software hasn't helped either.
I was able to get a look at task manager the last time this issue happened, and the usage of my GPU was insane. https://imgur.com/bGs5mrh You can't see in the screenshot, but I think the programs with high GPU usage were Spotify, Discord and Visual Studio Code. I'm not sure if this could be an issue with my GPU though, as this issue has never happened while in game.
Does anybody have any clue what could be causing this issue? I've tried everything I could think of and everything I've found online and the issue is still persisting. Any help on what may be causing this issue and how I could fix it is greatly appreciated. I an running Windows 10 64 bit.
These are my specs:
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI Motherboard
- MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X
- 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
- Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R AIO
- Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Gold PSU
- 1 TB Crucial M.2 NVME SSD
- 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD (dunno what brand, took it out of an old Dell laptop)
- Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
- 6x Cooler Master 120mm RGB Fans

Run memtest 

https://www.memtest86.com/

Otherwise did you update your BIOS and chipset drivers?

And even if memtest finds no errors you can try running the RAM without XMP and default speeds, also maybe try 16GB instead of 32, if possible.

The thing is, Ryzen and corsair RAM often has a lot of weird stability issues, so its worth checking all that.

Did your RAM come with a "ryzen optimized" or similar sticker? Or does it say Intel?

Something like this

Spoiler

20210704_063231.thumb.jpg.7faab928699b6c8af85aaf1386f30afb.jpg

It shouldnt , but it actually can make a difference.

Can you also check the RAM manufacturer with CPUZ please?

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I've just updated my chipset drivers, but I haven't updated BIOS. CPUZ says the DRAM manufacturer is Samsung. My RAM didn't come with any "ryzen optimized" stickers, but it did come with an "Intel XMP Certified" sticker. Would that be bad with a Ryzen system?

I've been running 16GB RAM for a few months and only recently (past few days) upgraded to 32 GB, so no problems there. I've also tried using a friends RAM in my system for a week and they used mine for a week, and I still had the same issue, so I'm not sure if the problem is with RAM, but maybe memtest86 will find something new.

4 hours ago, thatastroman said:

Would that be bad with a Ryzen system?

it can, but not necessarily. The intel XMP thing is something else, it just means intel "invented" this feature, works with AMD too though.

also if its Samsung it should be actually fine. 

well then run memtest, and if you never updated the BIOS consider doing that as well, but make sure its compatible with your CPU, some newer ones might not be.

But generally BIOS updates often improve RAM compatibility, so it might just fix your issues . 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity