GPU Burnt, No idea how to get it fixed

rixx.mp4

so i got this ROG Strix GTX 1070 from a friend of mine who somehow managed to burn his GPU, He said i could keep it if i fixed it, Repair shops are saying they dont repair PCB Damage, I dont want to do anything to it without checking here first. Attaching Images :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 20.31.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 20.31.43 (1).jpeg

assuming nothing is damaged except the traces (highly unlikely)

you'll need to remove any shorts and connect them with small wires, and it MIGHT work

chances are, something defective caused it and if you apply a fix without diagnosing the root cause, it'll likely happen again, or somewhere else may fail

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you'll need to remove any shorts and connect them with small wires, and it MIGHT work

chances are, something defective caused it and if you apply a fix without diagnosing the root cause, it'll likely happen again, or somewhere else may fail

Would say an ASUS service centre fix it

W

27 minutes ago, rixx.mp4 said:

so i got this ROG Strix GTX 1070 from a friend of mine who somehow managed to burn his GPU, He said i could keep it if i fixed it, Repair shops are saying they dont repair PCB Damage, I dont want to do anything to it without checking here first. Attaching Images :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 20.31.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 20.31.43 (1).jpeg

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Would baking it help like ive read in some places

1 minute ago, rixx.mp4 said:

Nope. Any damage on the PCB and they reject fixing it. If you dont know how to fix it then there is no feasible method for you to get that card working.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, rixx.mp4 said:

i would have to guess not

this is more of a replacement than repair job at this point

1 minute ago, rixx.mp4 said:

if you had to ask, means you don't understand what you're doing

so don't

4 minutes ago, rixx.mp4 said:

W

People who bake shit hoping to fix shit are less intelligent than most animals. Baking only helps when GPU substrate is the issue. Otherwise its just pointless.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

18 minutes ago, Levent said:

Nope. Any damage on the PCB and they reject fixing it. If you dont know how to fix it then there is no feasible method for you to get that card working.

is there any way to fixing it though (any way that you know of)

Just now, rixx.mp4 said:

is there any way to fixing it though (any way that you know of)

Yes I know of few ways of attempting to fix a problem like this. None of which is possible for you to do so, without having some knowledge of what you are doing some tools and most importantly some experience. As previously said:

19 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you had to ask, means you don't understand what you're doing, so don't

Honestly the fact you posted such blurry pictures tells me you dont have the expertise to do it, it could probably be fixed otherwise, i dont know how either - i cant even see whats wrong, and the cooler is also still mounted, impossible to see possible further damage, but if someone told me what to do i could  probably do it as im actually pretty good at soldering, unless this needs a reflow machine or something, which i doubt…

Not trying to discourage you (as its basically a free card) but with blurry pics like this you arent going to get super helpful answers im afraid. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Or find a graphics card with the same pcb and a dead chip? if that exists… (looks like a Strix ?)

and then just "swap" the actual gpu?  Might work? Still difficult, even finding such a card, probably. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Or find a graphics card with the same pcb and a dead chip? if that exists… (looks like a Strix ?)

and then just "swap" the actual gpu?  Might work? Still difficult, even finding such a card, probably. 

advising a person who wants to bake a GPU to do such tasks?

perhaps

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

advising a person who wants to bake a GPU to do such tasks?

perhaps

well i was just thinking about a solution thats easier, but its still difficult, also wouldnt be free anymore (which it wouldnt be anyways as you'd need pretty good soldering equipment)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity