Gears of War 4 inconsistent benchmarking results

Kevinjr12

I have a 3080 and a 5800X and I recently was starting to play Gears of War 4. I used the in game benchmarking tool to try and find good settings. The issue I ran into was I would see smooth gameplay ~100 fps avg and min 92 fps avg one time, but then use the exact same settings and see huge stutters in the benchmark and get like ~90 fps average and min 23 fps avg. It seems as though the former is much more common than the latter when I increased my sample size, but I am wondering what could be causing these large min dips. Mostly I am curious about variance within these types of benchmarks and why it happens, but I am also concerned if something could be wrong because someone in my family recently accidentally hit my computer while it was on (see my other most recent post for details). Thanks for any info!

Just as an update: The in-game fps also seems to suffer very big dips (from 100fps down to 30fps) that recover quickly. Some of these are repeatable like walking around the same corner, and there are several of them even within a short period of time within Act 1. I have also seen similar dips within combat occasionally. What I've read is that this game is supposedly well optimized on PC, yet this is not what I am experiencing. I am running at 4k ultra.