Per Core OC on Ryzen Master isn't Working!!

Im new to ryzen in general and i dont like PBO for their excessive voltage, i generally like low voltage cool and silent gaming.

Tried ryzen master to set per core clock speed but its not working, only one core takes affect but the other clock down to base frequency

8AD2B45B-A54B-4687-A47D-0F3B843F2DC4.jpeg

PBO doesn't have to equal high voltage, especially if you have a Zen 3 chip that supports the new curve optimizer. Regardless, overclocking is pointless on Ryzen. Precision boost alone will do better than any OC will. You should undervolt it and let PBO do its thing with the extra power and thermal headroom.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

21 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

PBO doesn't have to equal high voltage, especially if you have a Zen 3 chip that supports the new curve optimizer. Regardless, overclocking is pointless on Ryzen. Precision boost alone will do better than any OC will. You should undervolt it and let PBO do its thing with the extra power and thermal headroom.

Coming from Intel, when I see 1.4v i panic. I read as well that safe Voltage for 5000 series is around 1.3v up to 1.325v so it seems 1.4v is a bit excessive.

I had 9700K OCd to 5.2ghz all cores at 1.33v only. So seeing 1.4v for 4650mhz all cores doesn't seem right but seems to be completely different architecture

6 hours ago, KhaderKh said:

Coming from Intel, when I see 1.4v i panic. I read as well that safe Voltage for 5000 series is around 1.3v up to 1.325v so it seems 1.4v is a bit excessive.

I had 9700K OCd to 5.2ghz all cores at 1.33v only. So seeing 1.4v for 4650mhz all cores doesn't seem right but seems to be completely different architecture

It just doesn't even work remotely the same, though. First, it is 100% normal and expected for Ryzen voltage to spike up to 1.5V even. You shouldn't ever set a constant voltage of more than about 1.37V if you're overclocking or something, but the spikes are fine and will not damage the CPU in any way.

Second, Ryzen is far more efficient than Intel currently, so an Intel chip actually generates more heat than Ryzen while using less voltage than Ryzen.

Third, clockspeeds are just one factor of performance, and honestly not even the most important, when comparing Intel and AMD. IPC and prefetch actually lets AMD outperform Intel at lower clocks. A 5800X that gets to 4.7GHz boost stock will absolutely run circles around a 9700K at 5.2GHz. It's not even a contest.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

23 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It just doesn't even work remotely the same, though. First, it is 100% normal and expected for Ryzen voltage to spike up to 1.5V even. You shouldn't ever set a constant voltage of more than about 1.37V if you're overclocking or something, but the spikes are fine and will not damage the CPU in any way.

Second, Ryzen is far more efficient than Intel currently, so an Intel chip actually generates more heat than Ryzen while using less voltage than Ryzen.

Third, clockspeeds are just one factor of performance, and honestly not even the most important, when comparing Intel and AMD. IPC and prefetch actually lets AMD outperform Intel at lower clocks. A 5800X that gets to 4.7GHz boost stock will absolutely run circles around a 9700K at 5.2GHz. It's not even a contest.

My new 5600x +100 PBO destroyed my previous 9700K @5.2ghz in every game and in Cinebench R23 single and multicore.