Is it ok to run afterburner monitoring whenever I play games?

pcloverbutnomoney

I find afterburner monitoring was useful for me to get the idea of CPU and GPU usages and temps (mainly) and other stuffs. Is it ok to keep monitoring all the time whenever I run games? Will it be a problem because it may poke the sensors for the results, is it safe for GPU?. Also I want to undervolt the GPU for better thermals I found that this 2080 super mobile card runs perfect with 1800MHz and 850mV locked voltage profile (much better temps and stability). I noticed that when I don't undervolt GPU it uses full 150 watts during gaming and power limit throttles but at the same time and when I use 850mV and 1800 locked profile it uses only around 100 watts while giving the same FPS but better much much better thermals and no power throttling for GPU.

I always am running afterburner in the background, and I know a lot of people who do as well. I have never heard of anyone having issues with it, and it's probably better you do so you can monitor the card at all times. The sensors are always reading anyway for GPU boost, so you're just intercepting the signals anyway.