[SOLVED] When I turn on my PC it performs really slow, but restart fixes it.

mcRYSHER

Hey there!

Recently I noticed a weird issue with my PC. I have Windows 10 with all the updates installed. When I turn on my PC the Windows loads much slower than usual. When I get to desktop I see that every action gives much slower response. For example when I hit the Start menu button it takes 1 second for Win10 to open the menu. Things like rendering or photoshop work are much much slower than usual.

It does not happen all the time. It usually happens when the PC is turned off for quite a while, like 12 hours or more.

My suspicion is that the issue appeared after the recent windows update. Has anyone ever experienced the same problem?

36 minutes ago, mcRYSHER said:

Hey there!

Recently I noticed a weird issue with my PC. I have Windows 10 with all the updates installed. When I turn on my PC the Windows loads much slower than usual. When I get to desktop I see that every action gives much slower response. For example when I hit the Start menu button it takes 1 second for Win10 to open the menu. Things like rendering or photoshop work are much much slower than usual.

It does not happen all the time. It usually happens when the PC is turned off for quite a while, like 12 hours or more.

My suspicion is that the issue appeared after the recent windows update. Has anyone ever experienced the same problem?

Haven’t heard of such.  Slow boot after being off could be caused by several things but it seems to continue after boot as well.  That is disturbing.  Would make me want to see if anything else is running in hardware resources.  It sounds at least like something other than what you are doing is using most of your processor resources.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It sounds at least like something other than what you are doing is using most of your processor resources.

No, I checked and there is nothing heavy there. Both CPU and GPU idling.

Like I said, doing a restart completely eliminates the problem. So, it feels like Win10 randomly loads kind of 'badly' or not loads all the things it need. Most likely it all started with a recent windows update. So, I hope the next update will solve the problem.

3 hours ago, mcRYSHER said:

No, I checked and there is nothing heavy there. Both CPU and GPU idling.

Like I said, doing a restart completely eliminates the problem. So, it feels like Win10 randomly loads kind of 'badly' or not loads all the things it need. Most likely it all started with a recent windows update. So, I hope the next update will solve the problem.

But doing a restart resets everything.  there is intentionally doing something and having stuff happen.  The check for that wouldn’t be a restart it would be looking at Hwinfo while the problem is in full force.  Still wouldn’t be definitive necessarily, though it would catch many possibles if they were there.  It very well may not be the issue though and there very well may be more likely causes.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...