LAN no longer available/appearing in Device Manager

RJMarch

Hi!

Figured I would try and see if someone had experience with a missing network adapter.  I have an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard and the network adapter for the LAN is no longer appearing in the device manager.  The local area connection is also gone from the Network settings.  The wifi is working and I have confirmed the ethernet cable and connection is fine.  This started after I swapped out my PSU and upon restarting, the local area connection was saying that there was no cable plugged in no matter what I did.  To try and fix this I uninstalled the device from the device manager and now it is not being detected at all.  I've tried some online troubleshooting tips with no success.  The last thing I haven't tried yet was unseating the RAM and leaving it unplugged for half a day.

If you have any experience/advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

RJ

Haven’t had it happen in win10 or even win8. It’s happend to me in even earlier stuff so not so useful likely.  When it happened then it was a corrupted driver and I had to reload it, which at the time meant a reinstall.  Tempted to try a “refresh” and see if it just comes back.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The bios still shows the lan enabled in integrated peripherals?

Yes? So, if you go to the network & internet settings and down at the bottom there is a network reset.

That will force a re discovery and config of your network devices.