GPU for Intel i7 9700k

pkvance954

What's a good GPU to pair with a i7 9700k if I run 1440p 144hz at high/ultra? 

AMD or Nvidia idc

Feel free to recommend other upgrades but I plan on getting another ssd and probably a better psu depending on my gpu

Full parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Master_Comp7/saved/#view=bQ6GXL

If you need more information just ask. Anything helps. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, pkvance954 said:

What's a good GPU to pair with a i7 9700k if I run 1440p 144hz at high/ultra? 

AMD or Nvidia idc

Feel free to recommend other upgrades but I plan on getting another ssd and probably a better psu depending on my gpu

Full parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Master_Comp7/saved/#view=bQ6GXL

If you need more information just ask. Anything helps. Thanks. 

Just a tip, if you haven't bought the PC yet don't go for a 9700K. 3 year old CPU with no HT, and a bit overpriced. The 10700F - 11600 are much better options. The ryzen 5 5600x and 5800x are also much better than the 9700K.

Now if you already have it, in this current market i'd say anything from a 3060ti - 3080 would be good, but you can't really buy them. What is your budget?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Just a tip, if you haven't bought the PC yet don't go for a 9700K. 3 year old CPU with no HT, and a bit overpriced. The 10700F - 11600 are much better options. The ryzen 5 5600x and 5800x are also much better than the 9700K.

I've had the cpu for a couple years 

Just now, pkvance954 said:

Okay. My orignal post is updated.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, pkvance954 said:

You can reasonably pair it with pretty much any powerful GPU you like, but the budget is a factor. An RTX 3070 would be fine overall if it's something you could afford.

Also you can edit a pcpartpicker list to show that a part is already purchased.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Now if you already have it, in this current market i'd say anything from a 3060ti - 3080 would be good, but you can't really buy them. What is your budget?

$1,000 I guess.  I don't really have budget because I can get help to pay

1 minute ago, pkvance954 said:

$1,000 I guess.  I don't really have budget because I can get help to pay

Okay. at MSRP the 3080 is what you should get, but in this current market you will get lucky if you find a 3070 or 3070ti for around $1000.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I agree, with that budget and that resolution, for the best experience a 3080 is what you want. Things are (slowly) improving so if you can wait it out, jump on one for under $1000. Or just get lucky with Best Buy drops @ $699.