Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

144hz monitor for laptop?

hey so im kinda sick of playing with 60hz , it feels really unsmooth. 

i want to buy a 144hz monitor for my laptop and to use on a pc i might buy in a few years. 

will it cause fps loss when connecting to the laptop? or will it work just as fine as it works with a pc?

also i dont have a huge budget so i was wondering how bad is a $250 monitor? also it has 4ms , how bad is it compared to 1ms?  or should i just invest more money into it.

I see no reason to get a 250 dollar 144hz monitor with such bad response time. You can easily get one with better at that price. Also to answer your question no connecting the monitor to the laptop shouldn't impact what fps you get in game compared to when you ran it before. I mean if you hit 100 fps before you should still hit 100 fps after you plug in the monitor. 

that's good to know. tho will it still feel like 144hz?

I did this for a while before I started my pc build.

My laptop had a 4k display and ran on an i7-4710HQ and a GTX 860M. 

Not the best combination.

If you'd like a monitor to use for the time being and still be able to use if you ever get a pc in the future then I would recommend the the AOC 24G2U or 24G2 outside of Europe iirc. 

It's only 24 inches and 1080p but that should look fine at that size. It felt really smooth especially when I first got it as I was using a 48Hz screen for 5 years.. 

$250 should cover a decent amount of ground for monitors but I'm not sure how much they are now since the 24g2u I bought was £180 and either hasn't been in stock or been far more expensive since a year ago. 

3 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

I did this for a while before I started my pc build.

My laptop had a 4k display and ran on an i7-4710HQ and a GTX 860M. 

Not the best combination.

If you'd like a monitor to use for the time being and still be able to use if you ever get a pc in the future then I would recommend the the AOC 24G2U or 24G2 outside of Europe iirc. 

It's only 24 inches and 1080p but that should look fine at that size. It felt really smooth especially when I first got it as I was using a 48Hz screen for 5 years.. 

$250 should cover a decent amount of ground for monitors but I'm not sure how much they are now since the 24g2u I bought was £180 and either hasn't been in stock or been far more expensive since a year ago. 

yeah well the problem is i live in israel and i need to pay an extra and delivery to get items above $80 from amazon.. so i might just have to buy some random monitor from a local store. but ill search for it