Am i the only one who experiences this while gaming?

Mando772004
4 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Sounds like you've (as you've said) already done everything you can, presumably latest drivers, probably rolled back to older ones too. Does it still happen when you turn down the game graphics settings? I mean if Cyberpunk is fine, could just be the game.

will try lowering settings but i doubt it will fix it. and yes cyberpunk and doom eternal run fine on max settings 1440p

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

This can also happen is your game library is on a hard drive and the game is fragmented. I had similar issues with GTA online a few years ago, and only in that game. After defragmenting the HDD, the issue went away.

sounds legit, streaming issues.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

4 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

This can also happen if your game library is on a hard drive and the game is fragmented. I had similar issues with GTA online a few years ago, and only in that game. After defragmenting the HDD, the issue went away.

i can try defragmenting but then again im running the game on an ssd

9 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Sounds like you've (as you've said) already done everything you can, presumably latest drivers, probably rolled back to older ones too. Does it still happen when you turn down the game graphics settings? I mean if Cyberpunk is fine, could just be the game.

didnt work however, i noticed when i game for a while they dont happen, atleast as of 15-20 minutes so im starting to feel like it could just be the game loading stuff in

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

i can try defragmenting but then again im running the game on an ssd

Do NOT defragment an SSD, ever ... unless the end goal is to kill it (I'm serious).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Do NOT defragment an SSD, ever ... unless the end goal is to kill it (I'm serious).

welp good thing you told me i was just about to do so xD

4 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

assuming op ran it in windows defragger, he just did a trim so we good 😄

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

Just now, cacoe said:

assuming op ran it in windows, he just did a trim so we good 😄

i didnt really so im good 🙂 so at this point i guess we can rule out the problem being a hardware problem? i forgot to mention i tried another gpu and another memory and both had the same issue so i guess we're good in terms of gpu and memory atleast

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

assuming op ran it in windows defragger, he just did a trim so we good 😄

While true, I always tell people not to do it ever, as this just seems to confuse people and might imply that any and all defrag software can be used.

I only suggested defragmenting because it was really similar to what I had encountered with GTA online. If the game is on a SSD then it shouldn't matter, even very cheap DRAM-less SSD have decent reading speeds.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i didnt really so im good 🙂 so at this point i guess we can rule out the problem being a hardware problem? i forgot to mention i tried another gpu and another memory and both had the same issue so i guess we're good in terms of gpu and memory atleast

Control and Horizon Zero Dawn are punishing games for literally any GPU. Control especially. If you ever look at CPU scaling for Control, there just is none. From a 3770K to a 5950X, there's no performance difference. It is 100% GPU bound even with a 3090.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your system nor anything you can do to fix it. It's the nature of pushing the limits of your hardware.

14 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Control and Horizon Zero Dawn are punishing games for literally any GPU.

Its more of a texture load nightmare too. The game is unrunable in HDD, texture pop in is in the level of playing this game on fucking OG PS4.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Its more of a texture load nightmare too. The game is unrunable in HDD, texture pop in is in the level of playing this game on fucking OG PS4.

yeah i wouldnt want to imagine it on a ps4. however im running it on an ssd soo good for me i guess

1 hour ago, InfernalClaw said:

image.thumb.png.5c1f3d74ad8ca227e6aaa85247b5a44b.png

where do i screenshot in task scheduler? too many things that i dont know anything in

Close everything except the game launcher you use for the game.

Also Vanguard can still be running in the background without Valorant running - That can also cause this issue.

It runs at a ring 0..

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Vishera said:

From my experience those are usually caused by bloatware running in the background.

Could be the bloatware of Windows doing something in the background.

12 hours ago, Vishera said:

I just eliminate those processes,I deleted most of them completely from Windows,the others i disabled.

This!! Since i elimanted "waasmedic" no more weird issues, or updates, or issues! Its pretty great! : D 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

This!! Since i elimanted "waasmedic" no more weird issues, or updates, or issues! Its pretty great! : D 

can you tell me what to disable and what not to disable

Yes. You are the only one. None of us experience any drops or hitching when gaming.

You are also the only one who can't read minds. The rest of us can, but we haven't told you yet because we know it would make you paranoid.

1 hour ago, Katarn said:

Yes. You are the only one. None of us experience any drops or hitching when gaming.

You are also the only one who can't read minds. The rest of us can, but we haven't told you yet because we know it would make you paranoid.

cool.

13 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yep,I have this one removed.

6 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

can you tell me what to disable and what not to disable

Press the Windows key and search: Services

Then look for "Windows Update Medic Service" and disable it.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.windowsreport.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F12%2FXVoy61d.png

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 7/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, Vishera said:

Yep,I have this one removed.

Press the Windows key and search: Services

Then look for "Windows Update Medic Service" and disable it.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.windowsreport.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F12%2FXVoy61d.png

I dont think its that easy?

"Can you disable Windows Update Medic Service? Yes, you can disable Windows Update Medic Service, but if you try to do so via Windows Services Manager, you will get an Access is Denied message."

Also changing registry seems not to work (restarts upon reboot regardless of if set to "disabled")

How I did it was taking ownership of the file, which consequently seems to make you "trusted installer" then simply renamed the file.

Result:

IMG_20200919_140247.thumb.jpg.ca8b77ddbe59d943f77f19280d8b7522.jpg

🤷‍♂️ 

Also the famous "DISM" command redownloads and restores this file, but as long you dont do that, Error code 2 remains. : )

Well thats my experience at least, wouldnt surprise me if ms patched this by now - but then i dont really know how, it was difficult enough already to get "trusted installer" rights… 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity