Am i the only one who experiences this while gaming?

Mando772004

I know ive made millions of threads about this but it does genuinely concern me. in some games i experience very small frame drops/hitching and frametime spikes not all games though. for example a game like control can have those the game is playable but they happen every now and then id say every couple of mins. ive tried everything to fix this problem and it really looks like it could just be a game engine problem. games like doom eternal and cyberpunk barely have those. i want to ask if someone does experience such small frame drops every now and then using high end gear similar to mine atleast . i am using an RTX 3080 r7 5800x 32gb 3200mhz memory. this post is not to ask on how to fix this but to ask if there is anyone who experiences such things like this video shows here so please do not suggest ways to fix this as i have tried everything.

the video may not show it perfectly but you can look at the frametimes and see that they rose to almost 60 for a second. this also happens in horizon zero dawn.

8 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

in some games i experience very small frame drops/hitching and frametime spikes not all games though.

If you can get rid of all hitching then its an infinitely fast PC. Did you notice it? If not then stop beating the ever living fuck out of yourself for it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I at times occasionally experience this sort of thing in games that are otherwise fine 99% of the time. Probs just a background task kicking in.

Why post if you don't want help though? Is this a microstutter support group? 🤣

"Hi, I'm Cacoe and I have a serious problem. I can't ignore microstutters when gaming."

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

Control has DLSS. Enable that if you are worried about getting occasional stutters. Other than that this is what percentiles are for.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

From my experience those are usually caused by bloatware running in the background.

Could be the bloatware of Windows doing something in the background.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

background task

I just eliminate those processes,I deleted most of them completely from Windows,the others i disabled.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

Just now, Vishera said:

I just eliminate those processes,I deleted most of them completely from Windows,the others i disabled.

You ideally shouldn't disable certain windows processes, but that's your choice I guess. I don't personally have a bunch of background tasks, but if you read what op has said, he doesn't actually want any more help 🤷‍♂️

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

2 minutes ago, cacoe said:

You ideally shouldn't disable certain windows processes, but that's your choice I guess. I don't personally have a bunch of background tasks, but if you read what op has said, he doesn't actually want any more help 🤷‍♂️

you're taking this seriously xD i obviously want help but what i meant is no suggestion will help (probably) but thanks anyways. i already have a debloated windows

3 minutes ago, cacoe said:

You ideally shouldn't disable certain windows processes, but that's your choice I guess. I don't personally have a bunch of background tasks,

I know what i should disable and what not,so it's all good.

Use Windows debloater if you don't know what to disable/delete

but if you read what op has said, he doesn't actually want any more help 🤷‍♂️

OP Answered to that 😄 

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

Control has DLSS. Enable that if you are worried about getting occasional stutters. Other than that this is what percentiles are for.

i do have it enabled

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

If you can get rid of all hitching then its an infinitely fast PC. Did you notice it? If not then stop beating the ever living fuck out of yourself for it.

you're right. actually i do notice it not like its very noticeable but me being me i can just notice it especially when im testing the game for the sole purpose of checking if it hithces or not. i just dont want to have a 3080 and good build like this and get problems that other people arent getting

Just now, Vishera said:

OP Answered to that 😄 

if you know what should be disabled it would be great if you send like a list. i know its weird to ask for this even after i literally said no suggestion will help lol

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i already have a debloated windows

I still recommend to look into the activity of background processes while gaming,you can run the game at windowed mode and have task manager open.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Use Windows debloater if you don't know what to disable/delete

OP Answered to that 😄 

I'm just saying, debloat all you want, background tasks are still going to be running as part of windows, and occasionally they will effect otherwise silky smooth gameplay (saying this as someone who also debloats but don't necessarily endorse it for everyone)

Just now, cacoe said:

and occasionally they will effect otherwise silky smooth gameplay (saying this as someone who also debloats but don't necessarily endorse it for everyone)

That have never happened to me after cleaning Windows of bloatware,but my method is slightly on the extreme side 😄

Just now, cacoe said:

I'm just saying, debloat all you want, background tasks are still going to be running as part of windows, and occasionally they will effect otherwise silky smooth gameplay (saying this as someone who also debloats but don't necessarily endorse it for everyone)

ok so long story short. frametime spikes / hitching / whatever the fuck its called is normal even on a 3080 or a 3090 or any card. its an OS problem i guess, right? i just wanna get this nightmare over with. i have been torturing myself to find a solution and everything checks out temps scores in 3dmark and cinebench coreclocks etc.

ok so long story short. frametime spikes / hitching / whatever the fuck its called is normal even on a 3080 or a 3090 or any card. its an OS problem i guess, right? i just wanna get this nightmare over with. i have been torturing myself to find a solution and everything checks out temps scores in 3dmark and cinebench coreclocks etc.

Well, your video is relatively short, how regular is it? 

5 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

ok so long story short. frametime spikes / hitching / whatever the fuck its called is normal

It should not happen

5 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

its an OS problem i guess, right?

Yes,The bloatware that comes with Windows 10 and the behavior of it's background tasks.

It can be solved,but honestly i recommend to just use Windows Server 2019 - It's bloatware free:

Here is an Evaluation version free to download and try the OS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019

https://software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/17763.737.190906-2324.rs5_release_svc_refresh_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us_1.iso

I would recommend to install it with the Windows Desktop Environment,

And follow this guide to make it feel more comfortable to use: https://www.windowsworkstation.com/win2016-2019/

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

It should not happen

Yes,The bloatware that comes with Windows 10 and the behavior of it's background tasks.

It can be solved,but honestly i recommend to just use Windows Server 2019 - It's bloatware free:

Here is an Evaluation version free to download and try the OS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019

https://software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/17763.737.190906-2324.rs5_release_svc_refresh_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us_1.iso

I would recommend to install it with the Windows Desktop Environment,

And follow this guide to make it feel more comfortable to use: https://www.windowsworkstation.com/win2016-2019/

Hang on - though occasionally stutters aren't desirable, I think this is misleading, I can't say that I've been on a machine where it NEVER not once happens, if op feels comfortable doing this, I'd say go for it but it's a bit extreme to jump straight to modding the OS

1 minute ago, cacoe said:

Hang on - though occasionally stutters aren't desirable, I think this is misleading, I can't say that I've been on a machine where it NEVER not once happens, if op feels comfortable doing this, I'd say go for it but it's a bit extreme to jump straight to modding the OS

no i really dont want to install a new OS especially cuz ive never seen anyone say it fixes the stuttering problem, no offense t @Vishera

8 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Well, your video is relatively short, how regular is it? 

i dont know id say every couple of mins? how often shall it be to be on the safe side? an estimation would be great

no i really dont want to install a new OS especially cuz ive never seen anyone say it fixes the stuttering problem, no offense t @Vishera

i dont know id say every couple of mins? how often shall it be to be on the safe side? an estimation would be great

Just to keep things a bit more... in control before jumping to the extremes of debloating - Can you send a screenshot of your startup tasks via task manager? Also a screenshot of task scehduler too - There's often no harm in disabling unwanted 3rd party apps. I'm not even fully convinced that it's definitely a software problem, or even a problem period tbh but you can try to remedy it.

2 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Just to keep things a bit more... in control before jumping to the extremes of debloating - Can you send a screenshot of your startup tasks via task manager? Also a screenshot of task scehduler too - There's often no harm in disabling unwanted 3rd party apps. I'm not even fully convinced that it's definitely a software problem, or even a problem period tbh but you can try to remedy it.

image.thumb.png.5c1f3d74ad8ca227e6aaa85247b5a44b.png

where do i screenshot in task scheduler? too many things that i dont know anything in

i already debloated by the way like a week ago

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

image.thumb.png.5c1f3d74ad8ca227e6aaa85247b5a44b.png

where do i screenshot in task scheduler? too many things that i dont know anything in

Right click the start button > computer management > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library 

Sounds like you've (as you've said) already done everything you can, presumably latest drivers, probably rolled back to older ones too. Does it still happen when you turn down the game graphics settings? I mean if Cyberpunk is fine, could just be the game.

This can also happen if your game library is on a hard drive and the game is fragmented. I had similar issues with GTA online a few years ago, and only in that game. After defragmenting the HDD, the issue went away.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !