Asus TUF a15 Gaming laptop on integrated graphics

Hello everyone, I just had my Asus TUF A15 Gaming laptop for my college. (i needed a powerfull laptop for it but also wanted a laptop to game on it) I have a 3070 max-q laptop gpu, ryzen 7 5800H and 16 gb of 3200Mhz of ram.

Every time I boot up a game like Minecraft, COD or CS:GO it switches to my integrated graphics of my CPU. Tried to change that to just disable the integrated graphics in the device manager. But still it doesn't fully switch to my GPU. Then I looked into the display settings and saw that my display runs on the integrated graphics. (see most left picture) And when I turn of the integrated graphics i switches to a Microsoft Basic Display Driver. (see right picture)

I tried to disable the integrated graphics to go into the software of AMD but couldn't find it. I tried to disable it in the bios, didn't work. I looked around in the nvidia control pannel, didn't work. Looked into the software of Asus self, didn't work.

I am out of idea's for this so that's why I ask you guys.

Thank you for your time :-) and hopefully this helpes others too.

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Disabling the igpu will not work. The dGPU needs to pass through the iGPU to get to the screen, so you'll get worse performance if it is turned off. My recommendation is go to Settings>System Settings>Graphics Settings, where you can select which GPU is used by which applications.

@Mel0nMan thanks for the help but I can't even do this. There is no button where I can choose wich GPU is used by an application.  I had done that allready I the nvidia control pannel and that didn't help.