Does all ultrawide monitors have major backlight bleed ?

LukiraT

I just purchased Gigabyte G34WQC and it has pretty major backlight bleed in my opinion, Im not expert in monitors but should I return it for a new one ? Or every ultrawide monitor or every single monitor has this issues more or less

217578981_537253520659375_7288959824071326755_n.jpg

Hard to get a monitor with the new types of panels without it.

It's not necessarily the panel's fault as much as it is the LEDs that are bleeding where they should not.

VA panels have, as far as I can read, a very dark black. So you COULD try to get a new one (backlight bleed is a valid reason).

But beware, you will probably always have it, it's just a matter of how BAD it will be.

Any monitor that has a backlight is susceptible to backlight bleed. The severity is completely up to random chance. It's basically impossible to tell from a picture how it looks when you're sitting in front of it. And ultimately it's up to you if you want to replace it with a new monitor. But there is no guarantee that another monitor will be better or worse.

The ONLY way to get rid of backlight bleed is to get rid of the backlight, which is what OLED is all about. But that's sadly not yet available in a gaming monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.