GAMING PC VS. GAMING LAPTOP

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

When your laptop becomes too slow you have to replace the whole thing. When your desktop PC becomes too slow you can just upgrade graphics, CPU, etc. for a few years. If portability doesn't matter to you, a laptop won't be a good choice. Also, the laptop's mobile processor will be slower compared to desktop options, so even something like a Ryzen 5 3600 would compete well against the laptop you selected and also save a lot of money.

11 minutes ago, Siddharth Goswami said:

Now I know you would be thinking why am I using X570 with such a CPU but my plans are such that in future I would get a good graphics card eg. RTX 3070

You don't need an X570 motherboard for a good graphics card. A B550, or even A520 motherboard if overclocking doesn't appeal to you, is plenty. Some DDR4 3200 or 3600, a decent power supply, and a case with good airflow, and you're good to go.

Hey guys, 

I am planning to get a gaming pc or a laptop but confused and I need your VALUABLE help, so i have a budget of 110K INR around 1400$ and laptop I liked is

Acer Predator Helios 300 coming with I7 10870H RTX 3060 (6GB) 16GB Ram 256NVME 1TB HDD costing 112000 INR Around 1400 USD

and the configuration for the PC I have is 

Ryzen 7 5700G (New APU to be launched soon)

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI ( READ BELOW)

16 GB RAM 3200MHz (ENOUGH FOR GAMING)

500 NVME 1TB HDD (GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME)

TD500 MESH ( COZ I LOVE IT )

Now I know you would be thinking why am I using X570 with such a CPU but my plans are such that in future I would get a good graphics card eg. RTX 3070 and pair it with the 5700G and after that my next upgrade would be the CPU maybe to 5800x or even better available at that time. And if you ask me that if like portability then it is good but really doesn't really matter to me...

So what should I choose?

Unless you need mobility, I'd go with the PC. It's going to be faster, less noisy and  more upgradeable.

And a quality B550 board would serve you just as well. X570 only really makes sense if you need more than one PCIe 4.0 slot for SSDs.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

When your laptop becomes too slow you have to replace the whole thing. When your desktop PC becomes too slow you can just upgrade graphics, CPU, etc. for a few years. If portability doesn't matter to you, a laptop won't be a good choice. Also, the laptop's mobile processor will be slower compared to desktop options, so even something like a Ryzen 5 3600 would compete well against the laptop you selected and also save a lot of money.

11 minutes ago, Siddharth Goswami said:

Now I know you would be thinking why am I using X570 with such a CPU but my plans are such that in future I would get a good graphics card eg. RTX 3070

You don't need an X570 motherboard for a good graphics card. A B550, or even A520 motherboard if overclocking doesn't appeal to you, is plenty. Some DDR4 3200 or 3600, a decent power supply, and a case with good airflow, and you're good to go.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Unless you need mobility, I'd go with the PC. It's going to be faster, less noisy and  more upgradeable.

And a quality B550 board would serve you just as well. X570 only really makes sense if you need more than one PCIe 4.0 slot for SSDs.

Thanks Buddy

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thanks bro i was having the same thought as i am using a laptop right now which is shitty and need to change, thanks once again bro