Compatibility between Gigabyte A320M-S2H and M.2 2280 NVME

GameR69
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
18 minutes ago, GameR69 said:

Hi. I've recently gotten a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard for my PC. I see that it supports an M.2 NVME drive and I wanted to get one as a primary boot drive. But I've been confused with all the sizes of the M.2 drive such as 2280, 22110 etc.. it says on my motherboard on the M.2 slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 22110 M.2) and I want to purchase the following M.2 drive, I want to be sure that it will work on my PC before I place an order (ADATA XPG SX6000 PCIe 128Gb NAND PCIe 3x4 M.2 2280 NVME SSD - ASX6000NP-128GT-C)  Thanks!

yes, the website lists 2280, and supports sata and pci(nvme) m.2's.

Hi. I've recently gotten a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard for my PC. I see that it supports an M.2 NVME drive and I wanted to get one as a primary boot drive. But I've been confused with all the sizes of the M.2 drive such as 2280, 22110 etc.. it says on my motherboard on the M.2 slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 22110 M.2) and I want to purchase the following M.2 drive, I want to be sure that it will work on my PC before I place an order (ADATA XPG SX6000 PCIe 128Gb NAND PCIe 3x4 M.2 2280 NVME SSD - ASX6000NP-128GT-C)  Thanks!

I JUST got one of these boards, it has several threaded holes to put the hold down standoff for the NVME drive, including one at the 2280 length and I think it comes pre-installed at that location.

18 minutes ago, GameR69 said:

yes, the website lists 2280, and supports sata and pci(nvme) m.2's.

23 minutes ago, GameR69 said:

I see that it supports an M.2 NVME drive and I wanted to get one as a primary boot drive.

If you were hoping to see a speed boost going from a SATA SSD to a fancy new NVMe SSD, you will be disappointed. If you had other goals, it could be a good idea to get more SSD space, but if all you wanted was a faster experience, you won't be amazed by an NVMe drive. They really only can produce a noticable difference when you are transferring super large files.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

If you were hoping to see a speed boost going from a SATA SSD to a fancy new NVMe SSD, you will be disappointed. If you had other goals, it could be a good idea to get more SSD space, but if all you wanted was a faster experience, you won't be amazed by an NVMe drive. They really only can produce a noticable difference when you are transferring super large files.

Or you're doing work that needs more ops than SATA SSD's normally can handle, but I agree for the most part. I have noticed that lighter weight Linux distros boot up WAY faster from a NVME than they do SSD.

30 minutes ago, GameR69 said:

On my board it has screw holes (thats what she said) for 42mm drives, 60mm drives, 80mm drives (which is most widely used) and 110mm drives.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I JUST got one of these boards, it has several threaded holes to put the hold down standoff for the NVME drive, including one at the 2280 length and I think it comes pre-installed at that location.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be getting the M.2 Drive then!

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm actually coming from a HDD to M.2 for the very first time 😄 so, I don't have much SSD experience to compare it with.

7 hours ago, GameR69 said:

I'm actually coming from a HDD to M.2 for the very first time 😄 so, I don't have much SSD experience to compare it with.

It's gonna blow your socks off.