I am upgrading my CPU but then what

Go to solution Solved by CrisHates,

Hi, so I recently got the money to get a AMD-FX8320E, I know what to do with the putting the CPU inside the socket and the thermal paste but I have one question. What do I do after I put it in? I've heard that you need to update your motherboard so your CPU will have the same requirement or something like that. So I just load in the pc as normal? Or do I need to do something after the upgrade is done.

Hi, so I recently got the money to get a AMD-FX8320E, I know what to do with the putting the CPU inside the socket and the thermal paste but I have one question. What do I do after I put it in? I've heard that you need to update your motherboard so your CPU will have the same requirement or something like that. So I just load in the pc as normal? Or do I need to do something after the upgrade is done.

8 minutes ago, CrisHates said:

What do I do after I put it in? I've heard that you need to update your motherboard so your CPU will have the same requirement or something like that.

Does your current board support that CPU? The thing you are most likely referring to is the BIOS update.

What is your current motherboard?