AOC CU34G2X a good buy with a nvidia card?

bmx6454
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

just to update, i ordered the monitor, and set it up. so far, it is working extremely well, and imo, is a good buy even with a nividia card. i had read about people having issues with screen flickering/flashing, and some other issues. so far, i have encountered none of that, and it looks very good. to be fair, this is my first proper monitor, and first time running anything above 1080p/60hz, but the difference is night and day!

hello, i have been monitor shopping for a few months, trying to find one that fits my budget, and requirements. i believe i have found a good choice with the aoc CU34G2X, especially because i can use the amazon 5 month payment plan which is a definite plus for me. i have been reading up on it for a few days, and it seems like a good buy to me. only thing is i hear mixed things about gsync compatibility, where most people say they were able to make it work well with nvidia cards, others saying they had issues. i am aware that it isn't officially gsync compatible, but people are supposedly able to make it work fine with nvidia cards, from what i have read. i was wondering if anyone had insight into if it can be made to work well with nvidia cards? i'm running an rtx 3070 if that helps. thanks for any input!

link: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-CU34G2X-Frameless-Immersive-Adjustable/dp/B07ZB2TNZZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

update: decided to roll the dice and order. i will update with results for anyone else with a similar question.

just to update, i ordered the monitor, and set it up. so far, it is working extremely well, and imo, is a good buy even with a nividia card. i had read about people having issues with screen flickering/flashing, and some other issues. so far, i have encountered none of that, and it looks very good. to be fair, this is my first proper monitor, and first time running anything above 1080p/60hz, but the difference is night and day!

On 8/3/2021 at 12:13 AM, bmx6454 said:

Good to hear you're happy with your purchase. I've also seen reports that G-Sync causes issues when using this monitor in some cases. If it doesn't for you, then have fun with it!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.