RTX 3070 Ti is worst than my Vega 56

Go to solution Solved by Logans Gaming,
Just now, vleds123 said:

I already have the latest driver 471.41

I have a 10700K and 32 Gb 2400 Mhz 

and im downloading DDU now, since i already installed nvidia drivers should i uninstall them as well with DDU and reinstall them?

Screenshot 2021-07-29 100232.png

Deleting the drivers and installing them again wont help. Seems like the 3000 series were pretty tame compared to the 2080 or the AMD counterparts. Ive had multiple people return them to my store for the same reason. Most of them went with a 5700 xt. 

Hello peeps, I saved a lot to buy a brand a new Zotac 3070 Ti AMP and upgraded from my old Asus ROG Vega 56. After I deleted all AMD traces and drivers (i think i did). I installed Geforce and latest drivers from ZOTAC official website as well as firestorm (like msi afterburner). But all my games have lower fps:

BF1 70FPS on high and ultra and 90 on LOW

CSGO can drop down to 100 fps 

Metro exodus enhanced edition 45 fps average

I've never had any issues with my Vega with those games before. 

Sometimes RTX usage is very low in games and sometimes its a 99% and still has lower fps than my Vega 56

Can anyone help me?

3 minutes ago, vleds123 said:

Hello peeps, I saved a lot to buy a brand a new Zotac 3070 Ti AMP and upgraded from my old Asus ROG Vega 56. After I deleted all AMD traces and drivers (i think i did). I installed Geforce and latest drivers from ZOTAC official website as well as firestorm (like msi afterburner). But all my games have lower fps:

BF1 70FPS on high and ultra and 90 on LOW

CSGO can drop down to 100 fps 

Metro exodus enhanced edition 45 fps average

I've never had any issues with my Vega with those games before. 

Sometimes RTX usage is very low in games and sometimes its a 99% and still has lower fps than my Vega 56

Can anyone help me?

install drivers from nvidias website

what cpu do you have?

open task manager in the performance tab and screenshot the window. 

use DDU to remove AMD driver traces. 

I did the same thing replacing a 2080 fe with a RTX 3070. I ended up switching back. It was consistently slower in every aspect even with the extra memory. I all be sticking with my RTX 2080 Fe and gave the 3070 to my kids. 

10 minutes ago, TheBean said:

install drivers from nvidias website

what cpu do you have?

open task manager in the performance tab and screenshot the window. 

use DDU to remove AMD driver traces. 

and im downloading DDU now, since i already installed nvidia drivers should i uninstall them as well with DDU and reinstall them?

4 minutes ago, Logans Gaming said:

I did the same thing replacing a 2080 fe with a RTX 3070. I ended up switching back. It was consistently slower in every aspect even with the extra memory. I all be sticking with my RTX 2080 Fe and gave the 3070 to my kids. 

Yeah but something must be wrong for them to perform poorly like that, that Vega that I had was from 2017 and the 3070ti is a 2021 GPU with faster clock. Idk im not even a computer head to understand or fix all those things 😞

Just now, vleds123 said:

Deleting the drivers and installing them again wont help. Seems like the 3000 series were pretty tame compared to the 2080 or the AMD counterparts. Ive had multiple people return them to my store for the same reason. Most of them went with a 5700 xt. 

2 minutes ago, Logans Gaming said:

Oh noo and i payed a fortune for it and sold a good GPU. That must be worst trade in trade history ever. Thanks alot guys if anything comes up let me know. I really wanna fix this

1 minute ago, vleds123 said:

Oh noo and i payed a fortune for it and sold a good GPU. That must be worst trade in trade history ever. Thanks alot guys if anything comes up let me know. I really wanna fix this

Sorry bro. Things are so expensive and rare now, it sucks to not be happy with it when you finally get it. I have some AMD cards in stock that I've just been holding onto. Hard for me to even got them across 4 distributors. They don't let you just buy a card now. You can only bundle them with MB or CPU. Gotta pay 700 bucks just to get the privilege to pay another 1k plus on a GPU. 

3 hours ago, Logans Gaming said:

Sorry bro. Things are so expensive and rare now, it sucks to not be happy with it when you finally get it. I have some AMD cards in stock that I've just been holding onto. Hard for me to even got them across 4 distributors. They don't let you just buy a card now. You can only bundle them with MB or CPU. Gotta pay 700 bucks just to get the privilege to pay another 1k plus on a GPU. 

That's true but I'm keeping my hopes high there's no way thing will end like this. I'm sure another driver will be released or something. Thanks alot for the help anyway 

relative-performance_2560-1440.png 

Strange that you're getting poorer performance. Is your card boosting properly? Did you check temps etc?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 hours ago, vleds123 said:

Yes, DDU everything and install Nvidia driver from scratch.

Older AMD cards and 20 series shouldn't be performing better than a equivalent 30 series. If they do something is wrong with your 30 series card, your drivers or something with your setup isn't right.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

Hey guys just a quick update I managed to find the root of the problem and it was coming from my vertical GPU mount (Phanteks) strange that it was working well with the Vega and not the RTX. So I install the GPU directly in the slot and there was a good increased in FPS however I don't feel like the charts I've seen and reviews on gpu.userbenchmark are accurate because I don't feel like the 3070Ti is 100% better than the Vega 56. In battlefield one I still can't hit 144 FPS actually in no game im getting 144 FPS but im well in the range of 100 to 120 or 130. Kind of disappointing for the price i paid, I thought ill never put another frame counter but still am.

Anyway just wanna say thank you to everyone who tried to help me and have a good day and stay safe

On 7/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

relative-performance_2560-1440.png 

Strange that you're getting poorer performance. Is your card boosting properly? Did you check temps etc?

Im getting around 70 to 80 Degree temps in game

Nvidia driver overhead is why. Sounds like you are running an older CPU too.

6 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

Nvidia driver overhead is why. Sounds like you are running an older CPU too.

Thanks I will check out the video in a bit but in terms of CPU I think I'm good I currently have:

Asus ROG Z490 F

Intel Core 10700 KF

32Gb Ram T force Delta RGB 3200Mhz

SSD 480Gb

PSU (soon to be upgraded i hope) RedDragon 700W Bronze (to ROG 850W Platinum i hope)

Xigma Aquarius Case with 10 fans

At all time the CPU usage is wayyy lower than GPU being at 30-40 and 99-100 respectively

I've only seen such weird behavior with driver problems. Usually when going in opposite direction from NVIDIA to AMD/ATi and not the other way around. Seems that's the case here. I know it's drastic, but I'd just reinstall Windows 10 clean. Doing it is so fast it's not worth troubleshooting it. If problem persists even then, I'd be worried.

Also check power cables although you'd be getting warnings about that by the driver.

32 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I've only seen such weird behavior with driver problems. Usually when going in opposite direction from NVIDIA to AMD/ATi and not the other way around. Seems that's the case here. I know it's drastic, but I'd just reinstall Windows 10 clean. Doing it is so fast it's not worth troubleshooting it. If problem persists even then, I'd be worried.

Also check power cables although you'd be getting warnings about that by the driver.

So maybe ill try something like get a fresh SSD with windows installed then reinstall all drivers and software and try again in a few games. something fishy is going on here and NVIDIA ITS UR FAULT 😛

2 hours ago, vleds123 said:

So maybe ill try something like get a fresh SSD with windows installed then reinstall all drivers and software and try again in a few games. something fishy is going on here and NVIDIA ITS UR FAULT 😛

No, do a clean install with all components aleady present (so, on your system), using install/drive from elsewhere will just cause same problems potentially.