CASE FANS - BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, standard or highspeed for 5950x / rtx3090

Just looking for some advice regarding which of these options I should get for a build with a ryzen 5950x and rtx 3090.
Not sure if the heat these parts will/may generate makes it worth getting the high-speed versions of these fans, or if the standard fans are enough.
All the fans I'm purchasing will be PWM fans.
Both versions are pretty much the same price

Standard 120mm = 1450rpm max

High-speed 120mm = 2200rmp max

Standard 140mm = 1000rpm max

High-Speed 140mm = 1600rpm max

The fan arrangement I'm looking at doing is:
- 3X120mm at the front as intake (these came with the case and are not PWM)
- 1X120mm at the rear as exhaust
- 2X140mm at the top rear as exhaust
- 2X120mm at the bottom below the gpu as intake.

Might aswell get the high speed ones

Cause you can just control the fan curve anyways if you desire quietness or cooling so why lock yourself to a lower fan rpm?

Aka more flexibility

36 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Cause you can just control the fan curve anyways if you desire quietness or cooling so why lock yourself to a lower fan rpm?

I figured that but people are generally so against fan noise I've read people advise getting the lower RPM fans and I wasn't sure.

I figured the noise would be the same expect , for when the fan RPM goes above the standard fans limit and when you need extra cooling.
The only thing I could thing was that fans are controlled as a percentage of their RPM, therefore high speed fans will be at a higher RPM for a given percentage of their maximum.

I wasn't sure if you can control them to operate within a certain range and and only go higher when really needed.
Having a more silent computer is nice, but cooling performance seems more important to me.

1 hour ago, FutureLuxury said:

I figured that but people are generally so against fan noise I've read people advise getting the lower RPM fans and I wasn't sure.

I figured the noise would be the same expect , for when the fan RPM goes above the standard fans limit and when you need extra cooling.
The only thing I could thing was that fans are controlled as a percentage of their RPM, therefore high speed fans will be at a higher RPM for a given percentage of their maximum.

I wasn't sure if you can control them to operate within a certain range and and only go higher when really needed.
Having a more silent computer is nice, but cooling performance seems more important to me.

So what is your setup going to be?
If you have a great airflow case, a predetermined path of aircooling in mind and hardware, that will be sufficiently cooled, then you wont need the high RPM fans.

But if you're going to use a pretty but not ideal case (like the NZXT H510 or H710), then you may need the higher RPM.

So what do you want to cool with the fans?

6 hours ago, FutureLuxury said:

The fan arrangement I'm looking at doing is:
- 3X120mm at the front as intake (these came with the case and are not PWM)
- 1X120mm at the rear as exhaust
- 2X140mm at the top rear as exhaust
- 2X120mm at the bottom below the gpu as intake.

Gamers Nexus sometimes experienced higher temps with more fans, because of resisting airflow. In some pc-cases, this config may not be the best, because you could exhaust the fresh air right as enters the case (the front top intake fan for example, wont do much when there's a top exhaust next to it).

So maybe draw your airpath and choose less fans, but more ideally placed. Most cases perform best with 3 to 5 fans, for exhample:
2x 140mm front intake
1x 120mm rear exhaust

(1x 140mm rear top exhaust)

(3x 120mm front intake)

Sometimes, less fans but configured in a possitive pressure setup (more intake fans then exhaust) will perform better then an equal number of fans.

You could also go negative pressure (more exhaust then intake), but that will lead to more dust coming in to your system (from all holes and slits) and therefore more maintenance and cleaning.

2 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

So what is your setup going to be?
If you have a great airflow case, a predetermined path of aircooling in mind and hardware, that will be sufficiently cooled, then you wont need the high RPM fans.

But if you're going to use a pretty but not ideal case (like the NZXT H510 or H710), then you may need the higher RPM.

So what do you want to cool with the fans?

I'm using a lian-li lancool II mesh.

The main hardware I listed in the title - 5950x and rtx3090. The cpu cooler will be a noctua nh-d15(s)

Gamers Nexus sometimes experienced higher temps with more fans, because of resisting airflow. In some pc-cases, this config may not be the best, because you could exhaust the fresh air right as enters the case (the front top intake fan for example, wont do much when there's a top exhaust next to it).

Thank-you. I'll check out that video

So maybe draw your airpath and choose less fans, but more ideally placed. Most cases perform best with 3 to 5 fans, for exhample:
2x 140mm front intake
1x 120mm rear exhaust

(1x 140mm rear top exhaust)

(3x 120mm front intake)

I'll cut it down to 4-5 fans then

Sometimes, less fans but configured in a possitive pressure setup (more intake fans then exhaust) will perform better then an equal number of fans.

You could also go negative pressure (more exhaust then intake), but that will lead to more dust coming in to your system (from all holes and slits) and therefore more maintenance and cleaning.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll aim for a positive pressure arrangment.