Removing green screen in Premier Pro and export the video to Premier Rush

I need to edit videos quickly. Rush is way faster at editing then Pro when it comes to editing videos. When I remove the green screen effect and just let the subject and export the video, it comes out with a black background with the subject. I want the background itself to become transparent following the subject. Is this possible? It is possible to remove image backgrounds and just leave whatever subject is there and then I can use it as overlap whatever media. It is not possible to remove green screen effects in Rush without relying on Pro. Tried that.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:41 AM, mystvean said:

I need to edit videos quickly. Rush is way faster at editing then Pro when it comes to editing videos. When I remove the green screen effect and just let the subject and export the video, it comes out with a black background with the subject. I want the background itself to become transparent following the subject. Is this possible? It is possible to remove image backgrounds and just leave whatever subject is there and then I can use it as overlap whatever media. It is not possible to remove green screen effects in Rush without relying on Pro. Tried that.

Yes it is. The reason the subject is exporting with a background is because of the codec your exporting in.

In PP, after you have applyed the Ultra Key effect and tuned that and done anything else you want to do, when exporting choose Quicktime and Apple ProRes something with alpha. (This is probably slightly more simple to do in Adobe Media Encoder but you can export in Media Encoder or in PP). There are different Apple ProRes options. Theres no noticeable difference to the eye and if your just exporting for Premiere Rush, you don't really need high high quality codecs. Just make sure whatever option you pick says with alpha (alpha is the transparency).

I have never used Premiere Rush, but I assume it supports Quicktime videos. If not you will need to add the background in PP.