i7-8700k 4.3GHz stuck

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,

Try using the Windows Balanced power plan. Reset this to default settings. This will allow your CPU to slow down when lightly loaded if that is what you want it to do.

image.png.cbe42e8be1323c4c5e2997b58292eae0.png

image.png.971d52a7bacc6855d74e9d5765043137.png

If this does not work, open the Task Manager and find out what is running on your computer. Post a screenshot of the Details tab.

Hello, I got issue that my CPU GHz are stuck, and they don't go up and don't go down, does not matter what I doing is same for idle and gaming, I was trying to search information why I have this problem and how can I fix, but didn't find any information that would be helpful. I having this issue 1 week, In first I was thinking this was problem of "msconfig" but is not, I try to search maybe I have program recently installed that cause this issue but didn't find any program that can cause, I try to set to default my bios, but it didn't helped. Also from this stuck GHz my temperature got high, and this is why I wondering how to fix, In the past I didn't have this issue my CPU GHz was automatically going or is idle or gaming, maybe someone did have same issue like me, and know how to fix, I really be glad if anyone help me and fix this issue, because I can't find any information helpful that says how to fix, it's only same things with default bios, power plan, but for me it didn't effect anything.

Try using the Windows Balanced power plan. Reset this to default settings. This will allow your CPU to slow down when lightly loaded if that is what you want it to do.

If this does not work, open the Task Manager and find out what is running on your computer. Post a screenshot of the Details tab.

How are you checking the stats?

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

How are you checking the stats?

I using NZXT Cam, CPU-Z and HWINFO

14 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

I did like you say, now is sometimes drop so 1600 or 2000MHz and goes back to 4300-4400MHz, but like NZXT Cam shows is still stuck on 4400MHz, the HWINFO that some of the cores are stuck on 4400MHz, some of the are on 800Hz, the task manager don't show that is stuck on 4400MHz, is changing GHz, now don't know which one is right

24 minutes ago, Vakarixs said:

I did like you say, now is sometimes drop so 1600 or 2000MHz and goes back to 4300-4400MHz, but like NZXT Cam shows is still stuck on 4400MHz, the HWINFO that some of the cores are stuck on 4400MHz, some of the are on 800Hz, the task manager don't show that is stuck on 4400MHz, is changing GHz, now don't know which one is right

It bounces around. Sounds like it's working as intended.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

9 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It bounces around. Sounds like it's working as intended.

Yea, now I tested with some stress, run few games, and seems everything alright, cannot understand why for me this thing didn't worked yesterday when I was searching for fix, really thanks for help.