CPU cooler wont fit motherboard?

Jellyboi66
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

LGA 1200 and 115x is the same for mounting coolers. 

Make sure to press down and gradually tighten the screws instead of one side before the other. 

Moved to Cooling.

So, I am building my new computer atm. I have an NZXT N7 Z590 motherboard with a LGA 1200 socket, and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (that I ordered off of amazon through a suggestion on this forum). the box has a sticker that says "supports LGA 1200 socket" and on top of that has instructions that are decently difficult to understand. So my problem is, is that the bracket that mounts on top of the nuts (with spacers) on the topside of the motherboard, the bracket is shaped like an X and half of the X sits up too high to be able to screw into the nuts, also the bracket when positioned to be attempted to screw in to the nuts, it doesn't click into place properly. (the X can be adjusted to fit multiple sockets with different spaces between other sockets). Finally to conclude this all the box has printed on it "support socket intel(subscript R) LGA 2066/1151 AMD AM4", did I just get scammed? Or does this cooler still actually fit my socket (even if I think the sticker wasn't supposed to be there), and I'm just a big dum dum for not knowing how to install it correctly lol. would love to hear your feedback, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Make sure to press down and gradually tighten the screws instead of one side before the other. 

Moved to Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

48 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Moved to Cooling.

thank you for the assistance! I also had the bracket in the wrong orientation as well. Cheers!