one image for all or for just 1 model

I have being using Macrium Reflect (imaging and restoring images) to allow me to get Windows, Ubuntu, settings configured and software installed on many computers quickly and efficiently. Thus far, I have created 1 image for each model of computer I have worked on. For example, HP 14-bs077tx one image and another image created for HP 14-am102tx. To create an image for a model, I would start with installing Windows on a wiped drive. 

Between models, for example, a ThinkPad laptop and an OptiPlex desktop, there will be many differences to the hardware.

Can I just use 1 image between the 2 model of computers and just uninstall all hidden devices in device manager followed by installing drivers for the uncommon hardware?

Or is it more recommended to continue to take the effort to create 1 image for each model of computer? 

I previously experienced having a solid state drive where during the day, it would be used in a laptop at school and at night used in a desktop at home. I encountered no issues with OS stability but the SSD did die quickly. Although not sure if this was because of the use case or if it was just a bad SSD.