Anyone has a list of AMD laptops before 2012 or Intel laptops before 2005?

Can I possible get some sort of list where I can get the best laptops of these eras for research purposes?

Also, would using a Pentium 4 laptop pose any risks assuming you use an updated OS? (many good Linux distros that are compatible with old hardware)

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Other than it being horribly slow not really?

Whats the research for?

There are only some most popular lists like this:

http://www.notebookreview.com/news/most-popular-laptops-for-june-2012/

Amd basically doesn't exist on them because well they were mostly just crap around that time in laptops.

Those are the last laptops without the NSA ware chips installed. I would like to study them.

Link contains Intels past 2012, not good.

1 minute ago, superbuu said:

Those are the last laptops without the NSA ware chips installed. I would like to study them.

Oh ok consipracy theory stuff again.

Not sure if you know but all those older systems have flaws and most cant even run new os's or the newer more advanced security features due to lacking hardware features.

That and if someone wants you data enough they'll get it. So stop worrying about it this stuff doesn't really exist.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That and if someone wants you data enough they'll get it. So stop worrying about it this stuff doesn't really exist.

If you really care about privacy you would have already switched from google and use a vpn or tor along with linux, and alot of other stuff

And most ppl that say they care still use google so dont bother unless you are actually taking privacy seriously

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you really care about privacy you would have already switched from google and use a vpn or tor along with linux, and alot of other stuff

And most ppl that say they care still use google so dont bother

Privacy as we knew it has been dead for a while sadly. Thats just the state of how things are right now.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh ok consipracy theory stuff again.

Not sure if you know but all those older systems have flaws and most cant even run new os's or the newer more advanced security features due to lacking hardware features.

Im doing research. Also it's not a conspiracy, this is well documented, look it up.

Just now, jaslion said:

Privacy as we knew it has been dead for a while sadly. Thats just the state of how things are right now.

Yea

With all the big tech companies selling your data and most ppl being unaware of it, its already dead, and the clowns that say they "care" about privacy still use big tech companies like google and those clowns make up a majority of the ppl that "care about privacy"

Vpns with their privacy claims are bullshit

Only reason to use vpns are to circumvent country restrictions and prevention against getting doxxed by someone

3 minutes ago, superbuu said:

Im doing research. Also it's not a conspiracy, this is well documented, look it up.

if you are still using big tech companies like google and prefer using those services then do not bother "caring about your privacy" you are only making the ppl that actually care about privacy look like clowns

Though if you just wanna do some reasearch then sure i guess, is it for college or just research cause you are curious?

I think youll wanna look into the processors in the time range you are aiming for like pentium 4 or phenom ii, though i dont know that much about old laptops

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

if you are still using big tech companies like google and prefer using those services then do not bother "caring about your privacy" you are only making the ppl that actually care about privacy look like clowns

Though if you just wanna do some reasearch then sure i guess, is it for college or just research cause you are curious?

I think youll wanna look into the processors in the time range you are aiming for like pentium 4 or phenom ii, though i dont know that much about old laptops

I have never used google, I use startpage. Im doing research on Coreboot.

Just now, superbuu said:

I have never used google, I use startpage. Im doing research on Coreboot.

Oh 

Seems like you are actually serious about privacy

Kinda rare to see that these days

Big tech is what you should be worrying about cause they sell your data, but nsa spying on you is just not a concern unless you are doing illegal activity

So going over the top for maximum privacy is uneccesary to most