Router -> powerline adaptor -> switch -> pc/consol

dan29nev

Hi,

Just moved to a new build in the UK which has fibre to the property. The router supplied is a bit rubbish so I wondered if the following would work

Router connected to powerline adaptors, which is connected to a switch, which is then connected to pc, console and work laptop. 

I'm not too concerned with speed at the moment. A reliable connection is the priority. 

In theory I believe this should work but grateful to know if others have tried this. 

Cheers

Dan

ideally the powerline ends should be on the same circuit. it can jump circuits (once it gets to your breaker box), but it can be less reliable.

source: i run powerline in this exact way 24/7 and have no issues with drop outs (mine are on the same circuit)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Same here, ran the same setup for about 6 months because getting wires to were my consoles are was impossible and wifi reliability was shit. I was trading a lot of download speed (wifi was ~200/300 m/s while powerline would peak at 50 at most) but reliability was rock solid which is what I cared for the most. 

Great! Thanks for letting me know.