Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Internet Blockage Circumvention (Very Important)

Recently in my country, Iran, there have been talks that, our government is going to block our any access to the internet (International), and are going to make a localized one. I really hope that you can give some suggestions on how to circumvent that because if that happens, it is going to be disastrous for us. Please give suggestions

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they did, as in literally disconnected all lines, you'd be screwed.

 

Your only remaining option would be to set up some custom wireless link to a location across the border, or use some satellite/starlink connection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starlink!!!

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So there is no other way than that?

I think using starlink is a felony here.

4 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

If they did, as in literally disconnected all lines, you'd be screwed.

 

Your only remaining option would be to set up some custom wireless link to a location across the border, or use some satellite/starlink connection.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MoAli99 said:

using starlink is a felony here

Of course it would be.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its cost is as much as an average wage here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than installing your own cables and hiding them as if your life depended on it (I hope you appreciate the dark humor), you're out of luck...

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoAli99 said:

So there is no other way than that?

I think using starlink is a felony here.

 

The only other solution I can think of is LoRa.... But that isn't the use-case for LoRa, bandwith is extremely low, the intended use for that kind of technology is temperature or humidity sensors in farming fields (uses very little power, sends very little data and only a couple of times per day).

https://lora-alliance.org/

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 7heo said:

Other than installing your own cables and hiding them as if your life depended on it (I hope you appreciate the dark humor), you're out of luck...

I really hope they don't do it, otherwise as you said we are out of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, using light (long distance, directional, invisible spectrum, etc) across the border seems like the least bad way to go.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biohazard777 said:

The only other solution I can think of is LoRa.... But that isn't the use-case for LoRa, bandwith is extremely low, the intended use for that kind of technology is temperature or humidity sensors in farming fields (uses very little power, sends very little data and only a couple of time per day).

https://lora-alliance.org/

thanks for the suggestion, I will research it further

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 7heo said:

Honestly, using light (long distance, directional, invisible spectrum, etc) across the border seems like the least bad way to go.

How should I use them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MoAli99 said:

How should I use them

It really depends on what you can get.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's long range wireless  , there's radio modems, there's microwave transmitters, there's point to point laser / light connection  --- all these kinda require direct line of sight (a bit less for long range wireless), as in you should be able to see the other antenna / receiver with binoculars or something like that. 

 

You have an antenna (like satellite dish but smaller) and a device in the center of antenna sends a narrow beam of radio waves to another device installed at distance (in another country) 

 

radio and microwave is expensive - microwave was / is often used as backup for fiber links (if a fiber is cut, an ISP can have point to point transfer using microwave)

 

You have the difficulty of hiding the antenna from everyone, you can't hide the front of the antenna because any obstruction will reduce the signal power. 

The government could also scan the spectrum, search for wireless antennas, and stumble upon your directional signal and fine you , arrest you, whatever. 

 

A Starlink would be much much harder to detect... you could hide it in a chimney or in a barrel on the roof or  something that would make it hard to be seen from below.  It only needs some space to rotate and track satellites above the head. 

You still have the issue of smuggling it in the country and paying subscription for months in advance so it wouldn't be cut off. 

 

Also, you'll be at the  whim of US government which may ban the company from providing services in Iran (anti terrorism laws and all that) - they could easily block any device from connecting to starlink satellites that travel above Iran's territory.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Networking

 

I would strongly give disclaimer that any circumventing of something setup by government will be criminal offence.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariushm said:

There's long range wireless  , there's radio modems, there's microwave transmitters, there's point to point laser / light connection  --- all these kinda require direct line of sight (a bit less for long range wireless), as in you should be able to see the other antenna / receiver with binoculars or something like that. 

 

You have an antenna (like satellite dish but smaller) and a device in the center of antenna sends a narrow beam of radio waves to another device installed at distance (in another country) 

 

radio and microwave is expensive - microwave was / is often used as backup for fiber links (if a fiber is cut, an ISP can have point to point transfer using microwave)

 

You have the difficulty of hiding the antenna from everyone, you can't hide the front of the antenna because any obstruction will reduce the signal power. 

The government could also scan the spectrum, search for wireless antennas, and stumble upon your directional signal and fine you , arrest you, whatever. 

 

A Starlink would be much much harder to detect... you could hide it in a chimney or in a barrel on the roof or  something that would make it hard to be seen from below.  It only needs some space to rotate and track satellites above the head. 

You still have the issue of smuggling it in the country and paying subscription for months in advance so it wouldn't be cut off. 

 

Also, you'll be at the  whim of US government which may ban the company from providing services in Iran (anti terrorism laws and all that) - they could easily block any device from connecting to starlink satellites that travel above Iran's territory.

 

can you help me how to do it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoAli99 said:

Recently in my country, Iran, there have been talks that, our government is going to block our any access to the internet (International), and are going to make a localized one. I really hope that you can give some suggestions on how to circumvent that because if that happens, it is going to be disastrous for us. Please give suggestions

The bill has passed, PLEASE HELP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MoAli99 said:

The bill has passed, PLEASE HELP.

The forums rules do no allow us to help you. Sorry.

CPU: i7 4790K |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

 

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Neewer NW-700 Mic | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card

 

Networking gear:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | HP MicroServer G7 NAS | Dell PowerEdge R210 II SCCM Server

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoAli99 said:

The bill has passed, PLEASE HELP.

The only suggestion I can make is move to a different country. Outside of that any suggestions we make will break the law. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

<-- Thread Locked -->

 

As much as it would suck, this is not something that we can help with bypassing or getting around. 

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×