Planning a New Build in a Corsair 1000D.

Yodi2007

I have a build Im going to do and just acquired a Corsair 1000D for 250 bucks used, but in great condition. The owner never did a watercooling pc and just used an AIO. I have a 5950x and a ASRock 6900xt (no waterblock made for it yet, but Corsair's GPU block can be modified to fit, just have to remove the metal shroud) and want to watercool this PC build. I want to know is it worth it? Temp wise is the cost worth the additional 1100 bucks?

Custom water cooling is never worth the cost. Maybe only in certain fringe cases(say you have a specific multi gpu farm in which you need to expel the heat fast else you risk damage). 

Do you already have ALL the parts purchased? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, Yodi2007 said:

Temp wise is the cost worth the additional 1100 bucks?

The answer is simple - no. @Yodi2007. Investing in a custom loop is almost never worth the cost and I consider it a luxury. Even AIO's don't perform much better to traditional air coolers and are in my opinion mostly used for aesthetic or space constricted reasons. 

If you've got the money for it, go ahead because you will be EXTREMELY happy with the results: fantastic looks, low temperatures, lots of OC headroom and most importantly - low noise. 

6 hours ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

Custom water cooling is never worth the cost. Maybe only in certain fringe cases(say you have a specific multi gpu farm in which you need to expel the heat fast else you risk damage). 

Do you already have ALL the parts purchased? 

I don't have anything yet, just the main components and the case. No watercooling components whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, gal-m said:

The answer is simple - no. @Yodi2007. Investing in a custom loop is almost never worth the cost and I consider it a luxury. Even AIO's don't perform much better to traditional air coolers and are in my opinion mostly used for aesthetic or space constricted reasons. 

If you've got the money for it, go ahead because you will be EXTREMELY happy with the results: fantastic looks, low temperatures, lots of OC headroom and most importantly - low noise. 

I want a low noise system. I have currently a ryzen 1700x and a 1080. Both are overclocked with a aio and Air cooled and my system is quiet. I heard these new cpus and cards can get really hot under loads.

33 minutes ago, Yodi2007 said:

I want a low noise system. I have currently a ryzen 1700x and a 1080. Both are overclocked with a aio and Air cooled and my system is quiet. I heard these new cpus and cards can get really hot under loads.

Roger that @Yodi2007, however be advised - fully custom loops with individual components such as EKWB can easily start at $500. It's really expensive!

3 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Roger that @Yodi2007, however be advised - fully custom loops with individual components such as EKWB can easily start at $500. It's really expensive!

I also upgraded my monitor to a 38 inch ips widescreen monitor, so the gpu is gonna be working hard. Only thing from ekwb I was gonna get is the d5 pump if I go watercooling. Everything else will be alphacool and corsair. 

8 hours ago, Yodi2007 said:

I have a build Im going to do and just acquired a Corsair 1000D for 250 bucks used, but in great condition. The owner never did a watercooling pc and just used an AIO. I have a 5950x and a ASRock 6900xt (no waterblock made for it yet, but Corsair's GPU block can be modified to fit, just have to remove the metal shroud) and want to watercool this PC build. I want to know is it worth it? Temp wise is the cost worth the additional 1100 bucks?

dam $250 for a 1000d nice. even thow i dont like the case at all. tried to do to many things and nothing is done well...

custom water cooling is expensive and to fill that case up is also costly. d5 is around $100 with out top and top could be $50-150

fittings are not cheaper ether. geriatric fittings 90 degree are around $5 each. you dont need a res so you can save money there just add a t line.

the rad will be costly and the gpu water block.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1000D without custom loop is like having a big doghouse for a cat  😄

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

1000D without custom loop is like having a big doghouse for a cat  😄

True but for 250 usd, it was a steal to get a decent case with lots of airflow in it! When I finally can afford a caselabs case, they go out of business. Im going to put other DYI mods in my case, such as custom back plates and other aesthetics. 

6 hours ago, Yodi2007 said:

True but for 250 usd, it was a steal to get a decent case with lots of airflow in it! When I finally can afford a caselabs case, they go out of business. Im going to put other DYI mods in my case, such as custom back plates and other aesthetics. 

there is many good cases around 250$, and these ones you can move by urself. 🙂 

6 hours ago, Yodi2007 said:

i have a case labs case for sale for years...cant sell it for $800 can...payed $1200....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

7 hours ago, NorKris said:

1200 for a case = INSANE 

caselabs pc 003.jpg

caselabs pc 008.jpg

caselabs pc 017.jpg

caselabs pc 018.jpg

1555609015_caselabsside3.png

1756697744_caselabsside4.png

49 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

I get the collectors value or the history value. But like 1200? and u need a throw truck or a crane to move it xD
Can get better looking cases in the 250range 😛 

10 hours ago, NorKris said:

I get the collectors value or the history value. But like 1200? and u need a throw truck or a crane to move it xD
Can get better looking cases in the 250range 😛 

its aluminum... its as light as a normal steel case that's why it was $1200

it was bout $600 usd + $200 usd shipping and i got the flex 360, 4x120mm mount and the extended top.

v2 of this case is probably worth $1500

i was stupid and didn't get the side panel that's why its a hard sell now.

Thinking about just putting an lian li 360mm aio in the system and saving the extra $$. Yeah the case may look empty, but I can put the money into a new keyboard and mouse.

12 hours ago, Yodi2007 said:

Thinking about just putting an lian li 360mm aio in the system and saving the extra $$. Yeah the case may look empty, but I can put the money into a new keyboard and mouse.

ya if temps are fine then i would leave it. to fill it up will cost alot. rgb strips are cheap thow if you wanted to add argb to the build.

if later on you upgrade and run in to temp problems then you could wc but its expensive... my 1080 ek water block was $300can and no rgb... and the gpu was $750 at the time (dam miners...)

gpu mount 002.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

On 8/3/2021 at 1:17 AM, thrasher_565 said:

ya if temps are fine then i would leave it. to fill it up will cost alot. rgb strips are cheap thow if you wanted to add argb to the build.

if later on you upgrade and run in to temp problems then you could wc but its expensive... my 1080 ek water block was $300can and no rgb... and the gpu was $750 at the time (dam miners...)

gpu mount 002.jpg

Yeah I have the 1080 from my last build and was going to use that, but I have a Alienware AW3821DW that I just purchased also, so I needed a stronger GPU. I have RGB strips lying around and will use those. Also planning a temp monitoring screen in there to.