Stress test fails on Aida64, Pass on Prime95

Hi,

Im working on overclocking my samsung bdie corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz on GB Aorus Elite and 5600x.

While testing, Aida64 fails almost immediately even on a slightest OC from 3200 to 3333mhz 1.4v and Vcore Soc 1.1v, nonetheless, passes on Prime95 RAM stress test for hours of run on even harshest OC 3400mhz, tighter timings and higher voltage 1.45v DRAM Voltage and 1.15v vcore SOC.

Also it passes OCCT stress test as well.

Should I ignore Aida64?

are u sure there b die, corsair vengeance 3200mhz usaully isnt b die, unless there like 14 14 14 34 timings and if they were you should have no problem with increasing frequency, i think there prolly sk hynix like mine i have the same ram as u, im actaully having a stuttering problem with my pc and im fairly sure they are to cause but until i have other ram to swap them out for i cant be 100 percent, download thaiphoon burner and they wll tell u exactly what modules they are 

and no you never ignore a fail, thats why u use multiple stressing tests for overclocking so u can be sure they pass a stability test on a wider range of tests, 

20 minutes ago, WickedJester said:

are u sure there b die, corsair vengeance 3200mhz usaully isnt b die, unless there like 14 14 14 34 timings and if they were you should have no problem with increasing frequency, i think there prolly sk hynix like mine i have the same ram as u, im actaully having a stuttering problem with my pc and im fairly sure they are to cause but until i have other ram to swap them out for i cant be 100 percent, download thaiphoon burner and they wll tell u exactly what modules they are 

I was confused as well,, as per Thaipoon they are Samsung Bdie. I read that version 4.32 of the ram are Bdie, other versions not. mine is v 4.32

wow super lucky i wish i would have gotten b die, fuck hey that kinda bugs me now im looking into buying new ram, fuck would i be choked if i spend 200+ bucks on g skill ram and get anything other than samsung b die.  what are the timings on those dimms 16 18 18 36?

its odd your not able to increase the frequency tho i managed to increase my hynix all the way up to 3733mhz, but the higher i went the looser my timings had to be, they ran 3600mhz c18 i believe aswell, but i eventually corrupted windows when i when i tryed tighter timings with 3733mhz 

i installed thaiphoon and checked my dimms to see what hynix they are exactly, since i knew they were hynix from cpu z already i didnt really care what the die was but low and behold there hynix b die

I kind of had the opposite experience in that I couldn't get Aida to fail in any scenario. I found OCCT to be a much better stressor for the memory overall, erroring out on the slightest instability.

You can technically do whatever you want. If you think Aida is just being stupid, then just use your PC. If it crashes or blue screens at some point, well then you'll know Aida wasn't so stupid after all. Otherwise, you're golden.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

10 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

I kind of had the opposite experience in that I couldn't get Aida to fail in any scenario. I found OCCT to be a much better stressor for the memory overall, erroring out on the slightest instability.

You can technically do whatever you want. If you think Aida is just being stupid, then just use your PC. If it crashes or blue screens at some point, well then you'll know Aida wasn't so stupid after all. Otherwise, you're golden.

Yes, Will be using Prime95 and OCCT, stable for now. and as you said, BSOD = unstable OC 🙂

39 minutes ago, WickedJester said:

its odd your not able to increase the frequency tho i managed to increase my hynix all the way up to 3733mhz, but the higher i went the looser my timings had to be, they ran 3600mhz c18 i believe aswell, but i eventually corrupted windows when i when i tryed tighter timings with 3733mhz 

That's why Im confused, I can barely hit 3400mhz CL16